Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:00:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: EXTERMINATE!!!  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Re: EXTERMINATE!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 12:28:38 PM »
I have 7 of these, does anyone have an idea of how to remove the base? I want to give them the same bases the rest of my guys will have then give them all a nice paintjob.

I had 4 and cut them off with a scalpel. The rubber like material made that easy. I painted them as Kult of Skaro:

They match almost perfectly with the plastic Warlord Daleks.

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 06:27:16 PM »
A UK not-Lego company called Character Building Toys. They had a Dr Who license a while ago, and did a line of figures and kits based on the show. Collectables now, I'm afraid.  :?

I used them for a convention game I did for a few years called 'Dominion of the Daleks'

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about those. Even though I already have a collection in 54mm, if the CB figures (Doctors, military, Daleks) were more available I might be tempted to start another collection. I really like the look of them! Love the photo of your convention game - do you have a blog, or any more photos to share? What rules did you use?

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
  • Hobbies from Other Dimensions!
    • The Miniature Martin Site
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2020, 01:39:39 PM »
Arundel, rather than shanghai Harry's thread, I've started my own:

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=125077.0
Operating from an abandoned US spy base somewhere in the Australian outback, Miniature Martin produces games and scale miniatures set in parallel worlds, past and future. He is NOT trying to take over the Earth. This time.

Offline forrester

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2020, 07:55:59 PM »
I used the Germy hollow tube method for the Dalek Bumps...ok for 28mm. Dalek Bumps are the very worst wargaming painting job you can conceive of.
The bases on the Microuniverse Daleks were a pain and I just had to bite the bullet and saw them off.
The droopy arms were also annoying; I replaced with pins.
I prefer them not to be on bases so had to do some sawing too with Black Tree.
Happily the Warlord plastics don't have bases; they are lovely models and I forgive them for being bigger than the other ranges.

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2020, 11:22:56 AM »
I had no idea the Warlord sizes were so similar to the others, I can definitely use them as part of the army I make. I thought the warlord ones were a larger scale, like 34mm.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2020, 07:57:29 PM »
Happily the Warlord plastics don't have bases; they are lovely models and I forgive them for being bigger than the other ranges.
The Nu-Who Daleks were scaled so the eye stalk was at Billie Piper's eye level for the episode "Dalek" so they are taller than the Classic ones.

They were still very small inside for the operators, hence the more ergonomic (but unloved) iDaleks