Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:57:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689751
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KS) Brigade Games FIW - Paul Hicks figures  (Read 3815 times)

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
Re: (KS) Brigade Games FIW - Paul Hicks figures
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 05:22:20 PM »
Have you checked on how the products are sent?

I live in Canada and ordered 2 packs of AK WW1 paints from Spain.
Although they arrived in a week they came by DHL and I paid taxes/duties. Combined with the actual postage the paints need up 3 times their original price.

If I order from the US (classed as International) and the products are sent USPS then they come through with no extra cost.

Did you select to receive your order with a Courier Company in place of the Spanish Mail Service? On the other hand, the orders from Canada to Spain are very expensive too (thanks God for North Star Miniatures here!).

Offline BillK

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2020, 06:49:08 PM »
Seems like there use to be a lot distributors over here that use to sell products from the UK.I remember buying Dixon,Wargames Foundry,Crann Tara,Redoubt and others over here .
Mark

Mark, one advantage of the good old days - good old ways was the fact there were US vendors handling overseas manufacturers' products "in the flesh." Perhaps online purchasing isn't all its cracked up to be. I'm certain AB Figures benefit greatly by having Eureka and Eurkeka USA handle overseas sales.

Bill

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 07:23:05 PM »
I use to do mail order.
Mark

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2020, 09:28:49 PM »
Have you checked on how the products are sent?

I live in Canada and ordered 2 packs of AK WW1 paints from Spain.
Although they arrived in a week they came by DHL and I paid taxes/duties. Combined with the actual postage the paints need up 3 times their original price.

If I order from the US (classed as International) and the products are sent USPS then they come through with no extra cost.

DHL should be avoided like the plague since like most courier services, they levy "handling charges" and customs taxes which in many cases aren't due as the amounts are too small to be taxed. Their so-called "handling fee" is a particularly shocking way of making you pay them money that's not owed.

Back to Brigade Games and customs duties, this is a very old horse we've already flogged to death a dozen times over in at least as many threads here on the LAF. Suffice to say that things seem to depend a lot on the country you live in : I am in France and have been a fairly regular BG customer since 2012, and not once have I been stung by French customs in eight years. I keep my orders relatively small ($150 or less) and my parcels always come in without any problem.   

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2020, 03:48:53 AM »
DHL should be avoided like the plague ...

I received a parcel from UK lately that was delivered via DHL… I was fearing huge fees and a lot of hassle since delivery from them are particularly inefficient, annoying, pricey, etc.

In the end I was lucky though since, with the COVID-19 situation, they apply (at least in Canada) the “no contact” policies. This time, they just left the package at my door… no fees, no hassles lol
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2020, 05:10:45 PM »
This is the problem with Brigade Games, the postage and Custom duties. I have wanted to buy figures from them for a long time, but the cost is prohibitive.
On the other hand, these FIW figures are really nice, with Indian warriors in Winter dress!
It is a misery. When you buy small amount of stuff the P&P is to high, with big amount of stuff the custom is high. A European based distributor would be helpful.

Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2021, 11:06:31 PM »
Brigade Games is launching another FIW kickstarter in about 3 weeks.
Mark