Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:20:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686447
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KS) Brigade Games FIW - Paul Hicks figures  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
(KS) Brigade Games FIW - Paul Hicks figures
« on: June 04, 2020, 03:33:38 AM »

Wasn’t there a post about it, here, on LAF?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brigadegames/this-very-ground-french-and-indian-wars-28mm-miniatures?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=this%20very%20ground

Anyhow, I can’t find it and I just wanted to say there only a few days left and that regular British and French Infantry are “unlocked” now.

Cheers! :-*
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: (KS) Brigade Games FIW - Paul Hicks figures
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 05:07:31 PM »
The BG Kickstarter was briefly discussed here :

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=124537.15

Speaking as one of the backers, I suspect nobody felt the need to give it an additional plug because things have been going pretty well from the start. The initial funding was reached in less than 24 hours and a lot of stretch goals have been unlocked since. I suspect the French regulars command pack will be unlocked too before the campaign is over (dunno about British command though).     

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 06:29:12 PM »
They had a terrific kickstarter.
Mark

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 07:34:16 PM »
Shame no UK distributor for Brigade Games figures or else I would have looked at the KS, although I would have liked to have seen two options for the infantry with / without collars . I'm loathed to pay customs and on a large amount of figures it will be a princely sum, shame, real shame.  :'(
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 07:48:19 PM by TheDilfy »
Climber, Motorbiking, Board gaming and Wargaming

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 06:55:26 AM »
I'm loathed to pay customs and on a large amount of figures it will be a princely sum, shame, real shame.  :'(
At the end the trader pays the custom and you will also pay it. the worst thing about custom are these custom office. Here in germany they need month to handle the parcels.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 07:00:24 AM »
I backed the Brigade Games AWI Kickstarter, and I'm pleased I did, but I was shocked at the cost of postage and duties.

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 09:33:37 AM »
This is the problem with Brigade Games, the postage and Custom duties. I have wanted to buy figures from them for a long time, but the cost is prohibitive.
On the other hand, these FIW figures are really nice, with Indian warriors in Winter dress!

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 11:52:22 AM »
At the end the trader pays the custom and you will also pay it. the worst thing about custom are these custom office. Here in germany they need month to handle the parcels.
So true this! I bought a boardgame from the States and not only did I get slapped with a customs charge (now here is something if your item doesn't get stopped by customs you don't pay a charge!?!) customs sat on it for a month  :-[ >:(

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 12:04:10 PM »
Have you checked on how the products are sent?

I live in Canada and ordered 2 packs of AK WW1 paints from Spain.
Although they arrived in a week they came by DHL and I paid taxes/duties. Combined with the actual postage the paints need up 3 times their original price.

If I order from the US (classed as International) and the products are sent USPS then they come through with no extra cost.

Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 12:11:23 PM »
I see the USPS is enacting a new charge starting July 1st which is going to be quite expensive.We are going from zone 1 to zone 3 prices.Just scroll down on Crann Tara's page as he can explain it better than me. https://www.facebook.com/cranntaraminiatures .I don't know how many charges these different entities think people can pay before they say the hell with it.They are going to lose more money than they gain.
Mark

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 12:13:10 PM »
And just think we don't pay VAT and customs charges over here....yet.
Mark

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2020, 01:01:05 PM »
I backed the Brigade Games AWI Kickstarter, and I'm pleased I did, but I was shocked at the cost of postage and duties.

Same here. Although Lon makes a great effort for the package to be as incospicuous as possible, saving in custom duties... sometimes.

I wanted to support this FiW Ks too, but in the end I pulled out. Problem is that I have most of my armies almost finished, so I only needed a few models from the KS. The problem there is that postage is too high (no Lon's fault, of course) and while for a big order is tolerable it isn't for smaller orders.

It would be nice if some company in Europe, like Northstar or Empress, can reach an agreement with Lon to produce his ranges under licence. We can dream!

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2020, 01:19:36 PM »
Seems like there use to be a lot distributors over here that use to sell products from the UK.I remember buying Dixon,Wargames Foundry,Crann Tara,Redoubt and others over here .
Mark
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 01:51:30 PM by marco55 »

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2020, 01:40:57 PM »
It would be nice if some company in Europe, like Northstar or Empress, can reach an agreement with Lon to produce his ranges under licence. We can dream!

If this was to happen between NorthStar (Nick) and (Lon) Brigade Games can expect many pounds spent on them (my post on Face Plant I mean FaceBook on the 17th Century Wargaming Group illustrates my willingness to spend monies).  ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 01:49:41 PM by TheDilfy »

Offline Black Burt

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2020, 01:51:34 PM »
Would love to have supported this KS but have been stung by postage and customs too many times to buy from the US any more.