Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:47:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Throppet Hentilagets Caper - Hooray - it’s finished...! 28.07  (Read 11936 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Startling events, indeed. Wrench is bladdered, something of a worry. Sir Rufus with his Bulldog, that's some cool shooting.

Great stuff!   :o

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
The villainous cads shot the dog! That can't go unanswered.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
The villainous cads shot the dog! That can't go unanswered.

Latest news from the Much Rampling veterinary clinic is that Sinbad is out of danger and should make a full recovery. He should be back Throppet hunting very soon.

Nevertheless, Sir Rufus has sworn vengeance (amongst a lot of general swearing)...!

Doug

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Latest news from the Much Rampling veterinary clinic is that Sinbad is out of danger and should make a full recovery. He should be back Throppet hunting very soon.
Doug

Whew. Excellent news. 

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Turn 5
It’s the penultimate Turn and I'm really flying on the tactics front now. My brilliant realisation last turn making the least useful members of the group go first meant that any negative cards didn’t impact too heavily on the group's effectiveness. Genius, I hear you say. But wait, in that case, let’s make the Cult go first - even better; and it’s only taken most of the game for me to work that out.

The situation at the start of turn 5. The bodies have been removed - let’s keep it tasteful. Only four active characters on each side. Sir Rufus and his survivors ( Lady Ferocity; Stirrup and Esmerelda the Hound) are all in the stone circle. The cultists have Bellator Steve on their far right, still hoping to snag a Plot Point. The Cult Leader (foreground right) has retired due to being weakened by several hits and the Adiutor has also retired, taking with him Ephraim Hardstanding (foreground left).

On with the show.

Bellator Steve takes first card: Decoy. His Abilities are insufficient for him to pass the Challenge regardless of his dice rolls so he has to suffer the penalty which means he can’t run this turn - not a really bad penalty; Rodney Bellator shoots at Sir Rufus and misses; Sir Rufus responds with 3 hits. Rodney fails health - Down. The Adiutor moves back taking his Plot Point (Ephraim Hardstanding- remember?) then shoots at Stirrup who responds; 3 hits each; The Adiutor saves all 3, Stirrup fails 1 and goes down to D6 Health. Steve Bellator takes a blast at Sir Rufus; no hits. The Cult Leader is weakened so doesn’t want to shoot against superior skills; also his Abilities are not useable due to the Hits he’s taken; he retreats.

It’s the turn of Sir Rufus' group and the man himself moves into contact with the Major Plot Point, which is a barrel containing the Throppet's Hentilaget. He passes the Peril and gains two successes against the Plot Point Challenge. Three are needed to gain the Challenge so he fails but can carry his two successes over to the next turn and try again. Lady Ferocity moves into Contact with Tilbury Pigeon (he’s a minor Plot Point). She’d noticed that he was somewhat overwrought and had assaulted Wrench so she seeks to calm him down first “Stand still and surrender you silly little man" she commands in a voice which has been trained to carry great distances. This has the effect of terrifying Tilbury into swinging his bladder more wildly than ever. The end of the stick catches her ladyship in the eye and she falls to her knees. In game terms, she takes a Hit and fails her Health roll. She is reduced to D6 Health. Stirrup shoots at the Adiutor who replies. They score one Hit each. The Adiutor fails his Health roll and is down to D6 Health whilst Stirrup passes his.

The end of the turn sees Sir Rufus standing bristling in front of the Major Plot Point, supported by the ever faithful Stirrup; Lady Ferocity confronting Tilbury Pigeon and Esmerelda wandering pointlessly round the circle.

The cultists are in retreat but still have the Minor Plot Point (Ephraim Hardstanding).

Recovery time: Rodney fails - Out; Adiutor passes and his Health is restored as does the Cult Leader. Stirrup fails - no change. Lady Ferocity passes and her Health is restored.

One turn left......

Doug

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Throppet Hentilagets Caper - Turn 5 added 23.07.
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2020, 02:09:07 AM »
Definitely getting tense at this point!  Will Lady Ferocity overcome the swinging bladder? Will the Bellators regain the upper hand?Will Sir Rufus solve the riddle of the Throppet's Hentilaget? Will wild Throppets run around the group four times sealing their doom?   

This is all rather worrisome.  I think I need another port while I await the outcome.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 02:26:39 AM by syrinx0 »

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2020, 08:53:34 AM »
Definitely getting tense at this point!  Will Lady Ferocity overcome the swinging bladder? Will the Bellators regain the upper hand?Will Sir Rufus solve the riddle of the Throppet's Hentilaget? Will wild Throppets run around the group four times sealing their doom?   

This is all rather worrisome.  I think I need another port while I wait the outcome.

Like syrinx0, I am rather concerned. How dare that ruffian and rapscallion, Tilbury Pigeon assault the lovely Lady Ferocity? As to the use of a bladder in said assault, I refer you to the relevant section in the Geneva Convention, Bladders in Warfare. Glad to see Sir Rufus is bristling like a good 'un!

BTW, the port is a bloody good idea.   :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 08:55:47 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2020, 09:59:13 AM »

This is all rather worrisome.  I think I need another port while I wait the outcome.

So many questions, and only one Turn to answer them....! Settle down with the port (Snapcase will probably join you) and all will be answered....

Like syrinx0, I am rather concerned. How dare that ruffian and rapscallion, Tilbury Pigeon assault the lovely Lady Ferocity? As to the use of a bladder in said assault, I refer you to the relevant section in the Geneva Convention, Bladders in Warfare. Glad to see Sir Rufus is bristling like a good 'un!

BTW, the port is a bloody good idea.   :)

I should refer you, my Lord, to the third footnote of Codicil VIII - Bladders in Warfare amendments , Part 4, to wit: Exception is made in the case of involuntary or in extremis use by a bona fide member of a Morris Dancing Side (see attached document “Clarifications and Definitions") Provided said bladder is registered as an official accoutrement of a registered Morris Side.

Hopefully that gives clarity to the Pigeon imbroglio...

Doug

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2020, 03:09:00 PM »
I should refer you, my Lord, to the third footnote of Codicil VIII - Bladders in Warfare amendments , Part 4, to wit: Exception is made in the case of involuntary or in extremis use by a bona fide member of a Morris Dancing Side (see attached document “Clarifications and Definitions") Provided said bladder is registered as an official accoutrement of a registered Morris Side.

I find myself much better informed, thanks to you for the Amendments reference. As a matter of form, I will be writing to Sir Ranulph Doolally-Tappe, the Keeper of the Morris Rolls. This is merely to confirm that Tilbury Pigeon's bladder is officially registered. No doubt the official Rolls of the Morris will confirm this and allow him to continue to bladder the lovely Lady Ferocity with maximum vim and vigour, legally.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2020, 04:20:45 PM »
I find myself much better informed, thanks to you for the Amendments reference. As a matter of form, I will be writing to Sir Ranulph Doolally-Tappe, the Keeper of the Morris Rolls. This is merely to confirm that Tilbury Pigeon's bladder is officially registered. No doubt the official Rolls of the Morris will confirm this and allow him to continue to bladder the lovely Lady Ferocity with maximum vim and vigour, legally.

An excellent suggestion...! As you say, I’m sure confirmation is a formality but it’s best to be certain. We await the definitive ruling from Sir Ranulph with interest. In the unlikely event that this bladder should prove to be unregistered, Mr Pigeon is in very hot water indeed....!

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2020, 02:31:27 AM »
Registered or not, I dare say the lovely Lady Ferocity must be quite vexed with being bladdered about wildly.   It might be Mr. Pigeon's undoing.

BTW, congratulations on the spiffy new logo.  Seems to fit you gentlemen perfectly.   :)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Whew. Excellent news.

Phew.

Fab thread!
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2020, 07:51:04 AM »
Pigeon in hot water! - prefer mine roasted - thank you.

Lady Ferocity bladdered - what's the world coming to.

Geneva  Conventions quoted on the Pulp Board - well I never.

It's all rather confusing, maybe I shouldn't have taken Syrinx and Snapcases suggestions to have 2 ports seriously, at least not before breakfast.

Jolly good show all round and who's going to end up on the sacrificial stone at the end of all this. That's what I want to know.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2020, 06:06:59 PM »
Registered or not, I dare say the lovely Lady Ferocity must be quite vexed with being bladdered about wildly.   It might be Mr. Pigeon's undoing.

BTW, congratulations on the spiffy new logo.  Seems to fit you gentlemen perfectly.   :)
The Lady is fast losing her patience, that’s for sure.

The logo is the work of the talented Mad Lord Snapcase (aka to the rest of the Piddlers as "the Plant").

Phew.

Fab thread!
Glad you’re enjoying it, Blackwolf.

Pigeon in hot water! - prefer mine roasted - thank you.

Lady Ferocity bladdered - what's the world coming to.

Geneva  Conventions quoted on the Pulp Board - well I never.

It's all rather confusing, maybe I shouldn't have taken Syrinx and Snapcases suggestions to have 2 ports seriously, at least not before breakfast.

Jolly good show all round and who's going to end up on the sacrificial stone at the end of all this. That's what I want to know.

Always good to hear from a fellow Piddler. Only two ports before breakfast...! It’s usually two bottles.

The sixth and final turn is lurking just round the corner. Don’t miss the moderately interesting finale.

Doug
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 10:03:58 PM by Doug ex-em4 »

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2020, 10:08:13 PM »
Bemused, bewildered, and totally entertained by this odd bit of craziness in Albion (I am a Colonial after all). lol lol For one, I utterly fail to understand Morris Dancers. I believe that they have been banned from this portion of the Pacific.
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.