Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Throppet Hentilagets Caper - Hooray - it’s finished...! 28.07  (Read 11923 times)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Throppet Hentilagets Caper - Turn 5 added 23.07.
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2020, 09:56:50 AM »
Bemused, bewildered, and totally entertained by this odd bit of craziness in Albion (I am a Colonial after all). lol lol For one, I utterly fail to understand Morris Dancers. I believe that they have been banned from this portion of the Pacific.

To misquote the Good Book; "the knowledge of Morris Dancing passeth all understanding". In this, marianas-gamer, you are not alone. However, it is part of the very being of England and, indeed, parts of Wales and, despite the bells and hankies, has a very macho heritage (at least, so the Morris Dancers claim and who are we to argue?). We have to face the fact that many examples of traditional dancing across the globe border on the ludicrous to cynical, modern eyes. We need look no further than the antics of our Bavarian friends, for example.

Once the tidying up of this escapade is done, as will happen in the bland tying up of loose ends also known as Turn 6, there is likely to be a sequel (for which I apologise in advance). Do not be surprised if the world of Morris should figure again.

Thanks for your kind remarks.

Doug

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2020, 01:35:31 PM »
I have had a reply from Sir Ranulph Doolally-Tappe, the Keeper of the Rolls of Morris. Ran revealed to me over the port and cigars last night, that he has checked the Rolls and declared the bladder of Pigeon duly registered. The Steward's Enquiry is closed and Pigeon is free to bladder away to his heart's content!

Looking forward to the sequel!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 01:41:49 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2020, 07:57:29 PM »
I have had a reply from Sir Ranulph Doolally-Tappe, the Keeper of the Rolls of Morris. Ran revealed to me over the port and cigars last night, that he has checked the Rolls and declared the bladder of Pigeon duly registered. The Steward's Enquiry is closed and Pigeon is free to bladder away to his heart's content!

Looking forward to the sequel!

Pigeon will be pleased and relieved by this news. Bladder registration documents are not always kept as securely as they should be and I can tell you, in confidence, that the relevant papers in this case are missing. After experiencing the traumatic events outlined in these pages, any irregularities pertaining to his bladder would certainly have had the most distressing effect on Pigeon's well-being.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2020, 01:38:42 PM »
Cultists: Bellator Steve draws Watchful Eye and thus can’t move. Shocking though it is, I have to report that he decides to shoot at Esmerelda...! And he hits. Esmerelda is Down and Out; I wouldn’t get too close to Sir Rufus if I was Steve - not after this. The Cult Leader shoots at Sir Rufus but shooting is not his forté; no hits. Sir Rufus returns fire. Shooting is his forté - 2 hits and the Leader fails Health and goes down to D8 Health again. Sensibly, the Adiutor retreats a full move with Ephraim, content to secure a Plot Point.

I’ll stick this photo here to break up the monotony of the text. It shows Sir Rufus, gazing like a constipated warthog, at the magnificent prize, The Throppets Hentilaget...... ;D

Over to the Rufus group and the eponymous knight attempts the Major Plot Point again. He’s already two thirds of the way to success from last move  and succeeds easily. Lady Ferocity attempts to pacify Tilbury again “if you don’t come to heel immediately I’ll horse-whip you” is her chosen gambit, drawing on her experience as a stress counsellor. This gains Tilbury’s attention (in game terms, she passes the random challenge). Tilbury hastens to obey but in doing so, trips and, to coin a phrase, “measures his length” at her feet. She recoils involuntarily, also trips and sits down heavily and painfully but with no lasting damage (ie fails the Plot Point Challenge; takes 2 Hits but passes her Health rolls). That concludes all the actions for Turn 6 and is the end of the game.

Summary:
Sir Rufus' group:
Plot Points Secured - Major
Casualties (Down & Out) - Esmerelda; Sinbad; Smallbottom; Wrench

Cultists
Plot Points Secured - 1x Minor (Ephraim Hardstanding)
Casualties (Down & Out) - Rodney; John; Martin

Down & Out Characters will not be available next time these Leagues are in action but will recover.
Other casualties from both sides recovered at the end of the game.

Three Minor Plot Points were not secured by either side. They were:
Mysterious Stranger
Tilbury Pigeon
Stupefaction Queeg

These may appear again

As a result of the successful taking of the Throppets Hentilaget by Sir Rufus, the imminent defeat of the Cult of the Worried Throppet is confidently anticipated by the citizens of Much Rampling and the surrounding villages of Nether Winslett and Blanchett-cum-Hither.

Regarding Ephraim Hardstanding and his abduction by the Cultists, forces other than Sir Rufus and his local helpers are already aware of this outrage and action is expected in the near future.......

If anyone gets this far, thank you for persevering- it’s been a long haul.....

Doug

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Re: The Throppet Hentilagets Caper - Hooray - it’s finished...! 28.07
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2020, 07:47:20 PM »
Amusing and entertaining, worthy of the Much-Pidling Consortium (or is it Commune?)
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Online mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2020, 08:41:25 PM »
Awesome game report! Makes me want to play another game of Pulp Alley...  :)

Only the commentary won't be as hilarious, I'm sure...  :D

Mike Demana

Online syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2020, 12:32:05 AM »
I must say I was disappointment with Lady Ferocity's failure to pacify Tilbury.  Though of course I would never mention it to her. Especially not in person.

Only two ports before breakfast...! It’s usually two bottles.
Wait, your supposed to share?

If anyone gets this far, thank you for persevering- it’s been a long haul.....
Doug

Nonsense.  It was an excellent tale.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2020, 12:47:01 PM »
 lol lol lol

That was the best chuckle (and read) I have had in these parts for ages, well worth the wait.
I read a fair few of the comments to Mrs Mason who was thoroughly tickled and awaits the sequel as much as I do.
 8)

Bravo, old chap.
Another triumph from the Much-Piddling Massive!
 :D :D

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2020, 11:19:41 AM »
Amusing and entertaining, worthy of the Much-Pidling Consortium (or is it Commune?)
Thank you - the responses make it all worthwhile. Possibly it should be the Much-Piddling Convenience?

I must say I was disappointment with Lady Ferocity's failure to pacify Tilbury.  Though of course I would never mention it to her. Especially not in person.
Wait, your supposed to share?

Nonsense.  It was an excellent tale.
You’re most sensible to adopt a cautious approach to Lady Ferocity. Even more since she bought a motorcycle which she rides with bravura and a disregard for regulations.

Thanks for your interest and for joining in the silliness :)

lol lol lol

That was the best chuckle (and read) I have had in these parts for ages, well worth the wait.
I read a fair few of the comments to Mrs Mason who was thoroughly tickled and awaits the sequel as much as I do.
 8)

Bravo, old chap.
Another triumph from the Much-Piddling Massive!
 :D :D

Thanks, Paul; high praise indeed and much appreciated. Approval from Mrs M as well...! This is beyond good :D.

The sequel is about to appear..... :o

Doug

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2020, 09:14:14 AM »
And finally..........

The adventure (“adventure"? Who are you kidding?) continues here in:

The Grey League of Morris

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=126124.0

Doug