Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:04:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: ‘The Case of ‘Swiss’ Tony’s Thumb and the Lady Mayoress’ (The End, posted - 4th)  (Read 8169 times)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
At this stage, Swiss Tony was already composing a very stiff letter to the Police Complaints Commissioner concerning use of firearms and damage to property. He was using words like “disgrace” and "law-abiding citizen" and, once he got into his stride, "unwonted and unacceptable behaviour not expected from members of Her Majesty's constabulary".

"That’ll teach them", he thought. Time would tell if he was to be proved right....

Carry on, Snapcase - this is bringing it all back to me.....

Doug

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Thanks, Doug.

TURN 4

The three assault teams who discovered the locked doors in the last turn, now take one turn to break the doors down. Luckily, DCI Hawley had remembered to issue sledge hammers to each of the assault teams. During the game, I e-mailed photos to each player, but only photos which showed what their characters could see, if that makes sense? Some of the photos sent were not particularly good photos but were used to show the player what an individual could see.

The assault teams were sent a view of what they could see after they had broken down the doors.

DC 'Babs' Windsor's view.

DCI Frank Hawley's view.

DI Derek Grim's view.

'Swiss' Tony and Mimsie take cover by the western side of the hallway. The Snapcase Hall model was built without any doors, so I had to keep remembering to put bits of black card in for the photos. All internal doors were unlocked but were all closed.

'Swiss' Tony's view down the corridor.

Otis enters the Hall via the unlocked main door.

Inspector Fowler and PC Goody find the main gates unlocked, open them up and move towards the Hall. They observe Otis entering the Hall and conclude that the main door must be unlocked.

In the back garden, Frank 'Snorter' Bough and Jason King confront each other.

Frank ‘Snorter’ Bough moves forward with his ‘nostrils’ at the ready. He can hear the ruck on the east side of the Hall and decides to check out the back garden. At the same time, Jason King emerges from behind the pig-sty cursing the muck that’s getting on his Carnaby Street trousers. They see each other at the same time, both raise their weapons (King with a pistol, Bough with a sawn-off shotgun) and fire. In somewhat of an anti-climax both miss each other!

As ‘Camp’ Freddie bravely battles it out on the east side, PC John Luther and Sergeant ‘Fancy’ Smith rush to join the fight. Well, Luther does, ‘Fancy’ has had too many doughnuts and arrives short of the fight, gasping for air! Freddie has George Dixon to his front battering him with his truncheon, Sergeant Dawkins has got her ammonia spray out of her handbag and sprayed poor Freddie in the face and to cap it all, Luther has come up behind him and clubbed Freddie on the back of his head with his rifle butt. Freddie has no option but to expire gracefully in front of the door he has so valiantly defended.

To be continued...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 08:51:15 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks syrinx0 and marianas_gamer.

I have to apologise for the long delay in any more reports being added to this thread. This is due to a trapped nerve in my spine.
No need to apologize.  I have a 'compressed' nerve in my neck due to arthritis that can make my arms useless if pushed too far.  You have to take care of yourself!  God help us when we actually get old...

Excellent updates. DC Babs better watch the entrance.   Swiss Tony doesn't seem the type to confine himself to strongly written letters.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
God help us when we actually get old...

Don't even think about it!   lol

Swiss Tony doesn't seem the type to confine himself to strongly written letters.

A very shrewd observation, if I may say so, syrinx0!   ;)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Excellent new posts! Love the interiors  :-*
As for arthritis ,I’ve got three compressed nerves in my cervical spine; maybe we should form a club?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 06:51:30 AM by Blackwolf »
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Thanks, Blackwolf.

As for arthritis ,I’ve got three compressed nerves in my cervical spine; maybe we should form a club?

I'm starting to worry now, is this some sort of ailment common to miniature painters?   :o

We should definitely form a club, as you suggest. We'll call ourselves The Spinal Nerves!

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Haha,possibly. My physio says I'm a bit hunched over,maybe it's  the ,cough. Age group?
The Spinal Nerves, I like it :) Let it be written in stone  :D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 03:09:19 AM by Blackwolf »

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Times like this make me wish I were a Brit, so I could understand all the references!  What a great game, must be a pleasure to game with you.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
I'm starting to worry now, is this some sort of ailment common to miniature painters?   :o
We should definitely form a club, as you suggest. We'll call ourselves The Spinal Nerves!
I like the name.  lol

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Times like this make me wish I were a Brit, so I could understand all the references!  What a great game, must be a pleasure to game with you.

I don't think even my gaming partners get all the references! So you are not alone, but thanks for your kind remarks.   :)

So, The Spinal Nerves it is.

The founding members, in no particular order:

syrinx0
Blackwolf
Mad Lord Snapcase

Should you be the proud possessor of some sort of trapped/compressed nerve in your spine, sign up here! Join a very elite, esteemed, venerable and distinguished group of gamers in The Spinal Nerves Club.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
........must be a pleasure to game with you.

I can tell you, it is (I think). I add that caveat because quite often, when gaming with His Lordship, things get hazy. Too many glasses of Mrs Slocum's Pussy (a Snapcase signature cocktail) can lead to a state of uncomprehending euphoria......

Cheers....

Doug

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
Excellent, ripping yarns!  More please
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Excellent, ripping yarns!  More please

Happy to oblige, dadlamassu.

Doug, yes as you say my signature cocktail, riskily entitled 'Mrs. Slocombe's Pussy' is designed to stiffen the sinews and summon up the blood!

A brief interlude between turns to reveal the set-up.

It may be helpful at this juncture to show the plans of Snapcase Hall. As the inhabitant, 'Swiss' Tony obviously had access to these. DCI Hawley played the game with only a sketch map of the external environs and no knowledge whatsoever of the internal set-up. Each time he opened a door he did not know what was behind it. I couldn't post these photos whilst the game was in progress as DCI Hawley had to be kept in the dark.

This shows the interior of Snapcase Hall.

This shows the interior with the rooms labelled. 'Swiss' and Mimsie started the game in the Ball Room but are now in the Main Hall. The Major and his kidnap victim the Lady Mayoress are in the Library.

This shows the doors, red stars indicating external doors and green stars indicating internal doors. The red stars at the top and bottom of the photo are where the assault teams are entering the Hall.

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
TURN 5

Unbeknownst to DCI Hawley, a Jaguar screeches to a halt at the back gate to Snapcase Hall. The only representative of law and order to observe this is Jason King and he is engaged in a fight with 'Snorter' Bough. King has been thoughtfully provided with a radio by DCI Hawley, but is currently unable to use it, due to his being engaged in a bout of fisticuffs.

Out get six of the nastiest ruffians one would never hope to meet down a dark alley, alone at night. Really, one wouldn't even want to meet them in a cosy living room with all the lights on either! It is of course, Elsie Tanner, Bertie 'Knuckles' Strangelove, Doug Piranha, Bifferidge 'Biffa' Bacon, Verne Cocklecarrot and Terry Shortcake. They have returned from casing the Snapcase Emporium in Loose Chippings in preparation for the greengages snatch planned for later that month.

The fight between Bough and King continues.

Meanwhile, indoors Otis Spunkmeyer runs towards 'Swiss' to get instructions. 'Swiss' Tony and Mimsie are in position to ambush any intruders.

Inspector Fowler and PC Goody have pursued Spunkmeyer inside through the unlocked main door. Having entered, they are confronted by three closed doors and spend precious seconds deciding which way to go.

Sergeant Dawkins assembles her team after the demise of 'Camp' Freddie. George Dixon has the sledge hammer and batters down the door. They have a view up a long corridor with no one in sight.

DCI Hawley enters the Hall and finds himself in a room with three closed doors.

DI Grim enters the Hall at the same time from the other side and finds himself in a room with a closed door opposite.

DC 'Babs' Windsor leads her team from the front and is half-way along the entrance corridor when tragedy strikes. 'Swiss' Tony leans around the corner and discharges his piece. It's a good shot and poor 'Babs' drops to the floor, mortally wounded. A young life cut short.

PC George Gently jumps over 'Babs' to try and get to her killer.

Here's a shot of DC 'Babs' Windsor reporting for duty at Scotland Yard, before being assigned to DI Grim's CID unit at Gasforth nick.

To be continued...

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
In many ways, the High Point of the doughty defenders daring defiance. At least Babs died as she had lived - on her back with frightened men trying to clamber over her.....

Doug