Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:06:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Empire of the Daleks  (Read 3109 times)

Offline katie

• Scientist
Re: The Empire of the Daleks
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2020, 10:09:04 AM »
For the record, painting the sensor domes is fast and easy using Jeremy "Germy's" technique using a section of brass tube. The real trick is to make sure you wipe the tube outside and end after dipping it in the paint, so you only have the paint inside the tube.

I've found thin walled 2.5mm from Ebay is just the right size for the BTDs.

For the "Time War" daleks off the magazine covers; 3mm. The original Citadel daleks are smaller and will need sub-2.5 but I don't have any to try. I haven't painted any iDaleks yet but I suspect the 2.5 or 3mm will do those too.

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2020, 03:16:13 PM »
Hey, does anyone have any of those Warlord Games Daleks? I am trying to stop myself from getting the set with Davros in.

How big are they compared to other Daleks?

Thanks.

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2020, 09:02:43 PM »
I finished my Battle royale guys, I haven't got the Suzis yet, but I'll get to that later on.

Their backstory is that they come from a sci fi Japanese civilisation that the Daleks brought to its' knees using a weapon called "The time destructor", the young are used as disposable infantry whose job is to catch stray bullets. I've come up with some bonus rules for them which could be fun.

I decided to go for red instead of Orange on their clothes, mainly because I actually had red paint.

Here's the entire bunch, 15 in total

And here they are with their psychotic overlords

The way that I intend to use them is squads of several humans and one or two Daleks, the Daleks will be really powerful.
The humans can't use explosives on their own, they must first spot a target in need of blowing up, then they must run to the nearest Dalek and pass a skill test to be given a grenade or other, depending on whether they have a bazooka or not.
If the rules allow for soldiers to be wounded and lose skill because of it, the humans must try and heal them, even though they aren't very well trained, the more there are, the more likely they are to succeed, however, if a Dalek spots a wounded soldier, it must prioritise executing him before an enemy combatant.
I'm hoping to use them for modern style wargames, hopefully the relative weakness of these guys will make up for the OPness of the Daleks. They'll probably work a bit like the Covenant from Halo.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2020, 09:23:13 PM »
Quick work on those Daleks, they look great.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2020, 07:04:40 AM »
Cool.  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous