Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:30:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: VBCW "Cheep Plastic" Bomber  (Read 1632 times)

Offline leadboy

• Librarian
VBCW "Cheep Plastic" Bomber
« on: June 17, 2020, 01:17:10 PM »
Sir Reginald B'stard, the unjustly neglected VBCW aircraft designer (now perhaps better known as the grandfather of that public spirited MP, Alan) has rolled out a new "day bomber" design for the Hereford VBCW, the Elstree Industries "Mongrel":

https://hereford1938avbcwtng.blogspot.com/2020/06/aircraft-6-vbcw-mongrel-day-bomber.html

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: VBCW "Cheep Plastic" Bomber
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 05:06:56 PM »
Splendid....I love the VBCW Lancaster on the blog as well....

In the great and laudable tradition of Herefordshire VBCW...

DOUG

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 05:58:07 PM »
Looks like S.H.O.D.D.Y. industries has branched out into aircraft production!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 06:56:37 PM »
Combining the best bits of a Spitfire and a Stuka is a characteristic stroke of genius on the part of Sir B. Guaranteed air and land superiority in one reasonably priced package!

Losing the underside of the fuselage not only saves weight but also (in the admittedly unlikely event that a Mongrel got into difficulty) makes bailing out easier. A truely floor-less design.

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 07:01:31 PM »
Combining the best bits of a Spitfire and a Stuka is a characteristic stroke of genius on the part of Sir B. Guaranteed air and land superiority in one reasonably priced package!

Losing the underside of the fuselage not only saves weight but also (in the admittedly unlikely event that a Mongrel got into difficulty) makes bailing out easier. A truely floor-less design.

Bearwoodman for the win ;) lol
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 08:42:12 PM »
Clive

Looks like another challenge for Alan and I!

Roo

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 08:56:36 PM »
Those Lancasters :-*

Unfortunately the only one on Amazon is from a Japanese seller looking for £257.29 (although with free delivery), so I guess I'll just have to ogle those ones :D

Offline leadboy

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 11:02:41 AM »
VBCW Chaps - Sir Reginald salutes you all!

Zemjw, fear not. Ebay has a variety of Meng Lancasters at much less, with the cheapest local supplier (that I could find on a brief look) being here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENG-TOON-BRITISH-LANCASTER-MPLANE002/193478625636?hash=item2d0c398964:g:SDcAAOSwLjNeyOtl

Luckily, when Sir Reginald invested, they were considerably cheaper, at about 10 pounds a pop. Probably, we're at the end of one of production/importation batch at the moment and the prices will drop a bit when the next one floods the market - or you could use the same cash now, appoint yourself an Air Commodore, and invest in a "Big Wing" of Elstree Mongrels and Vickers Venoms!

Speaking of appointments, Bearwoodman, Sir Reginald has openings for additional armaments designers of superior quality and experience - plus there seems to be a scramble within the County (and Fleet Street) for your services to marketing and public relations! Applications on the back of an envelope please to Capt. P.R. Mann, Press Spokesman to Lord de Braose, Shire Hall, St. Peter's Sq, Hereford (no VBCW bombs please - the Royal Mail get very upset).

DougEM4 good to hear from you, we have a way to go before we match your latest adventures ("The Case of Swiss Tony's Thumb and the Lady Mayoress") which I am following with some bemusement but much interest!

Regards to all as Sir Reginald goes back to the drawing board....

PS. Roo The Royalists are now well covered for air forces, as are the BUF and even the Anglicans. The County Communists, on the other hand - you'll have to tell Comrade Colonel Winters to get a few of his aircraft designers out of the Gulag!