Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:37:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Wargamer´s Dilemma  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
Re: A Wargamer´s Dilemma
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2020, 11:07:55 AM »
My mate round the corner and his son (and increasingly my son) are invested in 40k and AoS. I have only token forces of both but I am more than happy to be loaned some figures and play with them as they are friends and I enjoy their company. In return they have tried other games that I am more interested in (we have all enjoyed Frostgrave in particular).  I would like to try some historical games one day too, and I think my friend would give it a go (although I would need to provide the rules and figures).

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2020, 07:38:38 PM »
@Historiker:
You should maybe consider opening a thread on the sweetwater forum. I know lots of folks on there from Hamburg.

Thanks! I actually had / have an account there and might probably do so once the Corona Situation has improved enough to allow for normal social interactions.

This thread was only secondary about actually finding people but rather to discuss the thought of "would you start playing a system just for the player base" - but thank you anyway, as of course finding more people to play other games with is the true solution to the dilemma :)
"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2020, 07:44:55 PM »
Many thanks for all the diverse and wonderful replies - such a great community here!

I have now made up my mind and will focus more on finding people I want to play "my" systems with rather than starting a more popular system just to find more players.

As concerning GW I will say this: If they ever re-do Mortheim, I will give it a try and I might have a look at their "The Old World" Project. So far however it will be Frostgrave and Warlords of Erehwon for me, which I consider the successors of the classics (in spirit, not necessarily rules-wise).

Every advice was much appreciated, thank you! Happy hobby-ing to you all and stay safe!