Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:56:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686475
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Historikerīs frostless Adventures  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
Historikerīs frostless Adventures
« on: June 24, 2020, 06:45:13 PM »
Dear lords and ladies,

having been a long time "lurker" in the wider sense that I had participated in the forum but not provided any pictures of my hobby, I now have decided to contribute my humble efforts.

Even at my best I am not a great painter, not even a good one, but most of all I am not a very active painter as work and other demands constantly get in the way. And then there is the curse of "Too many Projects!" - which all hobby butterflies know. Painting somehow seemed to not happen an awful lot or rather projects never got finished! Something had to be done!

This thread has therefore the function to provide myself with an external motivation to actually finish some miniatures - in this case some adventures venturing into Felstad as I am very much looking forward to the 2nd Edition (I aim to create other threads for other projects in the future).

My first entry is my version of the Templar class - the knight with the two handed weapon. The central miniature is from the Avatars of War line and the unlucky Gnoll is from Northstar.

I hope you enjoy my dabbling as much as I do buyi..., I mean, painting them!

"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Offline scatterbrains

• Scientist
Re: Historikerīs frostless Adventures
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 12:19:16 AM »
Riker Gnoll Slayer?

A motivational thread is a great idea, keep them coming we're watching :-*

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 11:13:47 AM »
A motivational thread can be great help, not just to you but to others. A worthy first photo, to many more to come!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 07:02:50 PM »
I finally managed to get some paint time in and began work on my Enchanter Warband.

The artificial lighting (good olīIKEA desktop lamp) is quite harsh to them, but when seen under normal conditions and at gaming distance they do the trick, at least for me.

Gotta keep the bar low, for there will be lots of guys to paint once I begin playing Oathmark  ;)

I am happy with the result and it is one more step of getting closer to finishing Project Zero and achieving the mythical state in which the only unpainted miniatures are newly bought ones.

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 11:56:17 PM »
PS: Having not finished a miniature in a while I completely forgot how well one coat of Vallejo Satin Brush On Varnish does pull paintjob together. 

Now that I have just varnished them, I see that it really does make a difference!

Very much looking forward to finishing more of them now so that I can take a group shot of a complete warband!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 12:10:52 AM by Historiker »

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 03:33:50 AM »
Great figures. I like your muted color palette.