Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:23:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: First Game of Fireball Forward: Encounter at Livry  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
First Game of Fireball Forward: Encounter at Livry
« on: June 28, 2020, 06:12:29 AM »
Played a very nice game today with some friends: Fireball Forward. It's only my second WW2 Miniature game I played and found it to be quite enjoyable. Thought Id share my battle report here!

https://destroycarthage.blogspot.com/2020/06/first-game-of-fireball-forward.html

Check out the blog for photos and battle report.

Offline BillK

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Re: First Game of Fireball Forward: Encounter at Livry
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 11:02:06 AM »
Played FBF with the author, scenario designers, and play testers when I lived in Virginia and the game was just coming to market. A fun game that plays fast and simple. (Would appreciate a couple of pictures posted here, so we can all ooh and aah and share thoughts, rather than just a link to your blog.)

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 08:17:15 PM »
Played FBF with the author, scenario designers, and play testers when I lived in Virginia and the game was just coming to market. A fun game that plays fast and simple. (Would appreciate a couple of pictures posted here, so we can all ooh and aah and share thoughts, rather than just a link to your blog.)

Sure thing! Normally I'd have posted right away, but I was in a rush last night and it was a last minute sort of thing, haha.

It was a great game, I quite enjoyed it. Surprised it doesn't have more traction here as people know of it, but maybe that'll change if we play some more.

I'll leave the full write up and most pics on the blog - it gets lengthy looking here!

Just again to state- none of the models or paint jobs are mine, and were supplied by the fellow running the game. :)

Offline dynaman216

• Schoolboy
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 11:12:30 AM »
Very nice looking game.  FBF is my current favorite WW2 squad level miniatures system though I don't often get a chance to play it.

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 11:58:52 AM »
I've played it a few times but been a bit underwhelmed. Some of the mechanisms are fiddly and it has some very odd mechanics, such as a spotting attempt triggering reaction fire. For that style of game I prefer Crossfire - more elegant, simpler mechanics.

Offline dynaman216

• Schoolboy
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 11:19:44 PM »
Spotting only triggers reaction fire when an armor leader is doing so.  Since it is assumed they are sticking their head out of the hatch to do the spotting. As a compromise for not needing a open/closed top status I find it elegant.  Otherwise there is no firing at somone doing a spotting attempt.  The dice mechanisms have given a lot of my players problems, I don't know why I never had a problem with it.