Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:34:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686516
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: hellooooooo!  (Read 796 times)

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
    • The Miniature World of Wilgut Spleens
hellooooooo!
« on: June 26, 2020, 06:15:01 AM »
Hi Peeps! What a lovely forum, I am so pleased to find this place and so many like minded people. I have always played with and collected (and converterd) "toy soldiers"! And from my earliest memory I found ways to make more of a game out of it, rolling marbles at them, firing matchsticks from toy howitzers and eventually rolling dice. Discovering Donald Featherstones Wargames at the local library was a life changing moment for me. I was 9 years old. it was 1970. I remember even now the fascination the rather ugly green book held for me. I loaned it to the maximum number of times, until the library actually asked for it back, then I painstakingly copied the whole thing out by hand! I still have that noteboook! The hobby has changed so much and yet the most popular game systems still use the basic Featherstone principles. I have had what might be called an "interesting life" with periods where all my figures paints and brushes have been hidden away in cupboards or in boxes stowed in an attic or garage, but its a life long addiction, this wonderful, therapeutic,meditative, everchanging world of gaming/painting/collecting and I am thoroughly glad of it.

https://wilgut.blogspot.com/?fbclid=IwAR1Wxym4KaGlfxDe-t26hVxoRayeoV9_ijQKzgXEFjAXR5FYzq7l1qP0Rro
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 06:20:02 AM by Wilgut Spleens »
I have a bad case of prescient nostalgia. The future's not what it used to be.

https://wilgut.blogspot.com/

Offline clandaith

• Bookworm
    • The Fat Old Gamer
Re: hellooooooo!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 01:11:54 PM »
Welcome to LAF.  And that book cover of yours is awesome!  I did the same thing but with model train books.   lol