Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:51:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] New website for Fighting 15s and Gladiator Miniatures  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s

Fighting 15s and Gladiator Miniatures have moved to a new website at https://www.fighting15s.com and are again open for business after the closure during June. During that time I've been working on the new site, new pictures (apart from the ones that customers inevitably wish I had worked on instead...  :) ), and on getting the old casting room back together now that it has a new roof and has been officially declared dry and safe by the insurer.

Obviously I still have a lot to do. I added more than 500 new pictures, but there are still around 1,000 still to take and I can only do so many a day to a commercial standard and still pack orders. So I regret that the Gladiator Miniatures section still has many ropey pictures dating from 2002, or simply unhelpful placeholders. But my painters and I are working on that. The old casting room still has to have the moulds moved back in, so I'm still not completely there on getting back to normal running and will not be for months yet.

I also have to get used to a whole new bag of weirdness in the form of new webshop software. Fighting 15s has broken completely with its provider of 15 years, EKM, and jumped to Tradestands, which must host half the UK wargames industry.  :) Tradestands' Andy Cummings has been most helpful in getting Fighting 15s set up in its new form.

All our original website addresses should now point to the new one, so the shop should be easy to find. I regret that customers will have to set up new accounts if they want to make use of that feature. And of course, any bookmarks for the old site will not work.

The new site is far more mobile friendly, looks much better, and in theory accepts Apple and Google Pay, catapulting Fighting 15s into the modern world.

Thanks for everyone's patience while Fighting 15s has been shut. It's not as if I went anywhere during that time... However, thanks to a stack of PayPal disputes from international customers who could not believe an order could take seven to 10 weeks to arrive (they none the less did!), I'm only using couriers to some international destinations. With the new postal rates to the US that came into effect today, for customers there the courier will actually be cheaper (please consider using our US agent Scale Creep Miniatures at http://www.scalecreep.com).

Ian
Ian
Fighting 15s
Gladiator Miniatures, Fighting 15s Flags, Martian Empires and Flashing Blade Miniatures
https://www.fighting15s.com

Offline pikeman

• Assistant
Re: [Commercial] New website for Fighting 15s and Gladiator Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 03:08:27 AM »
Yes, miles to go, how about photos of Gladiator ECW?
Pflugerville, Texas.
Gem of the Blackland Prairie!

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 03:20:52 AM »
Wait..... are you no longer doing 3mm middle east buildings??  :?

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 12:57:00 PM »
Wait..... are you no longer doing 3mm middle east buildings??  :?

I stopped producing them once the moulds deteriorated. The market for 3mm figures and scenery is smaller than many imagine, and the Middle Eastern buildings were there to test the water.

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 12:57:45 PM »
Yes, miles to go, how about photos of Gladiator ECW?

I'm more minded to redesign that range first.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 12:09:13 PM »
Ah man. JUST when I started a project in 3mm with your buildings in mind. Do you have ANY stock left?

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 01:00:01 PM »
Ah man. JUST when I started a project in 3mm with your buildings in mind. Do you have ANY stock left?

I have PM'd you.