Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:56:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Grumpy Gnome‘s Fantasy Projects Blog (latest update on page 61)  (Read 104638 times)

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Grumpy Gnome‘s Fantasy Projects Blog (latest update on page 60)
« Reply #900 on: November 16, 2023, 07:37:24 PM »
That’s a great arm swap/repair. Fits perfectly.

I really like the whole world approach by the twilight chap, you can clearly see their passion and imagination. You’ve got quite the stash there - it’s going to look nice on the tabletop.

Keep up the good work

Andrew
BeneathALeadMountain
Beneath A Lead Mountain - my blog of hobby procrastination and sometimes even some progress
https://beneathaleadmountain.blogspot.com/

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #901 on: November 16, 2023, 08:07:55 PM »
That’s a great arm swap/repair. Fits perfectly.

Thanks mate! I was surprised it worked so well. I use Oathmark minis for my Middle Earth Dwarves, he looks like a Gnome next to those!

I really like the whole world approach by the twilight chap, you can clearly see their passion and imagination. You’ve got quite the stash there - it’s going to look nice on the tabletop.

Keep up the good work

Andrew
BeneathALeadMountain

Thanks mate! It really worked out better than I expected. I use Oathmark Dwarves generally and he looks like a Gnome next to them!

Yeah Mike really captured my imagination with his vision. I wanted to get his stuff for a long time but could not justify the commitment… until I decided to partner it up with the Quar and cancel a bunch of my other projects. A difficult endeavor as my ongoing efforts in the sales and trades section show.

At some point my French Indochina project will be finished enough for me to let that go….
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 08:11:03 PM by Grumpy Gnome »
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Old Hob

• Scientist
    • The Evil Lead
« Reply #902 on: November 17, 2023, 01:00:51 PM »
I enjoyed your latest blog post. Not only an interesting gaming endeavour in the offing (I can definitely see the attraction of Battle Fraggles and think they'll mix well with the Zombiesmith muppets), but also a random act of kindness. It warmed my cockles.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #903 on: November 17, 2023, 01:34:38 PM »
I enjoyed your latest blog post. Not only an interesting gaming endeavour in the offing (I can definitely see the attraction of Battle Fraggles and think they'll mix well with the Zombiesmith muppets), but also a random act of kindness. It warmed my cockles.

Thanks mate, I am glad to hear you enjoyed if. I figured that I can be quite quick to complain at times so it was important for me to praise as well when the opportunity presented itself. Also, when someone gets something positive from my blog it really is a great bonus for me.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #904 on: December 24, 2023, 11:24:46 AM »
Unfortunately I have not finished anything for fantasy projects lately. Instead I have focused on getting cancelled project items in a decent state to shift them. This has allowed me to acquire a good bit of new material for my Middle Earth and Frostgrave projects.. as well as my Quar and Anyaral projects.

For the curious, my latest blog post….  spotlighting an artist and documenting my attempt to resist temptation.

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/2023/12/24/artist-spotlight-jacob-hinds/

Merry Christmas to you all. 🎄
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 11:27:45 AM by Grumpy Gnome »

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Grumpy Gnome‘s Fantasy Projects Blog (latest update on page 61)
« Reply #905 on: December 24, 2023, 12:26:30 PM »
I’ve never seen/heard of their art before but I really like them - especially the lady with correct trigger discipline and the “Flashman like” (to me at least) redcoat and lady kissing. Thank you for posting.

Hope you have a peaceful Christmas my friend, best wishes to you and your better half.

Andrew

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #906 on: December 31, 2023, 08:38:21 PM »
I’ve never seen/heard of their art before but I really like them - especially the lady with correct trigger discipline and the “Flashman like” (to me at least) redcoat and lady kissing. Thank you for posting.

Hope you have a peaceful Christmas my friend, best wishes to you and your better half.

Andrew

Thanks mate!

My “End of the Year 2023” blog post is up…

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/2023/12/31/the-end-of-2023/

Happy New Year to you all! 🎉

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #907 on: January 01, 2024, 10:35:16 PM »
"grimsical aesthetics" is such a good phrase, and works for some of the weird fantasy stuff I've been doing the last few years, too. Might need to borrow that!

Looking forward to your grimsical projects moving forward in 2024.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #908 on: January 02, 2024, 03:40:44 AM »
"grimsical aesthetics" is such a good phrase, and works for some of the weird fantasy stuff I've been doing the last few years, too. Might need to borrow that!

Looking forward to your grimsical projects moving forward in 2024.

Joshua Qualtieri of Zombiesmith gets credit for the term “grimsical” but it is a very fitting term. May 2024 be a great year for you and your weird fantasy stuff!