Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:45:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686487
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Zona Alfa questions  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Zona Alfa questions
« on: July 11, 2020, 08:21:08 AM »
I just received my copy of Zona Alfa (first thing I ordered from my local bookshop once it reopened), and I have a few questions.

Kitting up your crew. When you create your crew, they have a melee weapon and a ranged weapon. Is the latter from the Rifle table only or can you select any ranged weapon? A squad LMG is reasonable, but an RPG less so.

Related, can you choose a pistol and an SMG? Both are on the Melee weapon table.

Salvage results (page 45) - the table says to roll on the basic, advanced or special equipment table, but there is no die roll column (and only five items) on the respective tables. Are they results 1 -5 and 6 is a roll on the next table?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
Re: Zona Alfa questions
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 11:43:14 AM »
I've got the rules but only read through once, I'm still in the preparation phase.
If you have Facebook the author is very active on the page.
It's called Stalker 7; a haunt for Zona Alfa.
He's also pretty regular on here so you might get answers from the horses mouth so to speak.

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 12:06:52 PM »
I will be following this with interest as I have just ordered the book myself and am making terrain even as a type (reading this on my break).

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 02:33:42 PM »
Thanks all.

I have read the blog, Facebook not so much.

My first crew is being undercoated .

Empress Russians (Vet and Hardened) and Universal Soldier (Green) all with Empress Russian Gasmask heads.

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 06:18:25 PM »
Good luck with the painting, the gas mask heads should be useful for converting any 28mm and will bear them in mind myself.

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 09:33:18 PM »
Good luck with the painting, the gas mask heads should be useful for converting any 28mm and will bear them in mind myself.
Empress have Russian and US gasmask heads.
https://www.empressminiatures.com/rus10-748-p.asp
I am thinking of using the US heads (and some US figures) for a Corporate/Science aligned squad.
https://www.empressminiatures.com/usmc16-786-p.asp

Crooked Dice Gasmask heads will come in handy.
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/product/sas-gasmask-heads/

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 06:03:43 AM »
Thanks for reminding me of Crooked Dice-I will certainly be using those heads. This is not really a "period" that I am used to gaming in, its more of a growing distraction so any information is useful. Sourcing figures has been great fun and the GCPS troops from Mantic have made my list as they are cheap... head swaps will help them immensely.

https://www.manticgames.com/games/deadzone/gcps/gcps-troopers/

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 01:58:26 AM »
Hi,
Good questions. Sorry I didn't see them sooner.

So the intention is that you select one weapon from the Ranged list and one from the Melee list - 'melee' in this case meaning 'useable without penalty in melee'. That includes pistols, SMGs, a shotgun. Everyone should have standoff and close in capability. I should have categorized the weapon types better.

You can choose any weapon on the tables, including a Squad LMG as your Ranged selection. Technically, you could arm all your guys with squad LMGs, altho your opponents would escalate with all Sniper Rifles or RPGs, and so on.

Yes, you can kit out someone with an SMG and a Pistol. (Or a shotgun and a pistol, or two pistols) Whatever is reasonable and makes sense.

Apologies about the Salvage Table. The explanation was omitted. 1-5 correspond to the items. 6 is pick the one you want.

Side Note: the WYSIWYG Rule is currently being discussed right now. There's another place where precise wording and an explanation would have been more helpful. That's on me. The intention is not to quibble over minutiae but to avoid abuse or confusion. The Important Details (like weapon type) matter. The old 'that guy with a pistol really has an exo suit and a rocket launcher, and now he's going to shoot at your leader' doesn't fly. The miniature should have an RPG, even if it's slung on his back. I'm not referring to counting grenades or gas masks.

Hope that helps.

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 07:43:54 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

That all makes sense.

I assume that when you roll a 6 on the respective equipment table you can choose an item from That table.

The WYSIWYG rules seemed clear to me.

Thanks again.