Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:43:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690482
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Khurasan releases 15mm Anglo-Zulu War Range (AD)  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: Khurasan releases 15mm Anglo-Zulu War Range (AD)
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 09:50:49 AM »
I inquired on a zulu forum about the tunic because I wanted to provide some variety in the command sets and my understanding is that the tunic was worn in the field as well as the patrol jacket. It certainly was in an iconic film. ;) That said there are two different command sets of one disagrees.

Yes, everybody seems to wear the tunic in that movie. According to Ian Knight, though, the officer's tunic was not worn in the field. That's not to say your figure is wrong. It is pretty much impossible to button-count a 15mm figure, your boy could just as easily be wearing a frock. I can't see any buttons, let alone count if there are seven or five!  :)

In many regiments the officer's frock even had white piping down the front (which the other ranks' ones did not), so there is absolutely nothing wrong with the figure as painted. I'm just nit-picking whether we call it a tunic or a frock.  :)

Apparently it was also pretty common for officers to wear the other ranks undress frock, and it is thought that's what Bromhead wore at Rorke's Drift. Just to muddy the waters a bit more!

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2020, 12:00:10 AM »
Stepping aside from the erudition for a moment, are these up on the main Khurasan site yet?  I did not find them - granted that was a couple days ago.  Thanks.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2020, 06:57:36 AM »
Yes, everybody seems to wear the tunic in that movie. According to Ian Knight, though, the officer's tunic was not worn in the field. That's not to say your figure is wrong. It is pretty much impossible to button-count a 15mm figure, your boy could just as easily be wearing a frock. I can't see any buttons, let alone count if there are seven or five!  :)

In many regiments the officer's frock even had white piping down the front (which the other ranks' ones did not), so there is absolutely nothing wrong with the figure as painted. I'm just nit-picking whether we call it a tunic or a frock.  :)

Apparently it was also pretty common for officers to wear the other ranks undress frock, and it is thought that's what Bromhead wore at Rorke's Drift. Just to muddy the waters a bit more!

As an aside the artillery personnel equipment, ie: their bread bags and water bottles should be opposite to their infantry counter parts. I challenge this at the time when Michael Perry released the later Royal Artillery crew with Gatling guns. His earlier artillery crew had their equipment the same as shown available on the website indicated on page one of this thread.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2020, 03:13:39 PM »
Stepping aside from the erudition for a moment, are these up on the main Khurasan site yet?  I did not find them - granted that was a couple days ago.  Thanks.

Yes just follow the link.
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures