Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:15:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Empress Miniatures WWI  (Read 3802 times)

Offline 10thMountain

• Librarian
Empress Miniatures WWI
« on: July 25, 2020, 08:13:01 AM »
Hello,
     Does anyone know if Empress Miniatures is creating a WWI range for Africa?
Thank you

Offline Firescale Whack

• Scientist
Re: Empress Miniatures WWI
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 10:31:21 AM »
About a year ago I made an inquiry to Empress as an "Africa" label was in their First World War section on their website. And Empress did respond saying a range by the excellent Paul Hicks was planned. I'm guessing that it's been put on hiatus or possibly shelved for the time being though which is quite a shame as the figures that are currently available are all on the chunky side imo and Hicks would do a lovely job of them. You could always send Empress an email though?

Offline 10thMountain

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 10:47:26 AM »
Yes I agree with you statement. Thank you

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 11:01:54 AM »
Quite some time ago I asked if they (Empress) could/would do some
heads suitable for Africa WW1. 'Interesting idea' was the response at
the time & since then... Not a Dicky Bird.

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 08:36:55 AM »
Can I humbly suggest that if people have questions about Empress Miniatures they ask us as no one else will actually know what we are doing  lol

Yes we are planning a WW1 Africa range. We are in the research and plan stage however many of the unit types also link to our Jazz Age Imperialism range and so we are developing both that range and the 1914 Flanders range and then will cross much of it over. We cannot do too much at any given time as sculptors have time restraints and viruses cut that time down further.  :'(

As its a period we want to game personally it will happen but its now difficult to say when with any great certainty. However we do advise customers peruse the other ranges as much is useful.   

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 09:28:04 AM »
Good to hear.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 01:54:45 PM »
Just to let you know Paul, I have finished reading
'Tip & Run' that book you recommended about WW1.
Lots of useful information.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 09:47:39 AM »
Just to let you know Paul, I have finished reading
'Tip & Run' that book you recommended about WW1.
Lots of useful information.

;)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 04:28:31 PM »

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 09:38:03 PM »
Since we have Paul's attention, I may as well pipe up with my own pet WW 1 project idea.

I'm not that engaged with mass infantry warfare. OTOH, the idea of Naval raiding forces of Tars and Marines catches my attention. The largest example of that would be the Zeebrugge Raid, but you could write scenarios for all sorts of other, smaller adventures - destroying a small fuel dump or w/t station, etc.

Commando raids inland with the raiders descending from airships might be another scenario.

Empress already does a nice set of late WW 1 RN raiders.

And they do Reichsmarine counterparts in their Tsuba German Revolution range, but the latter range lacks officer and petty officer figures. If there could be a small 2-figure set to remedy that, that would be amazing!

That would pretty much set up the wargames forces. USN equivalent figures would be the icing on the cake!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 09:39:55 PM by huevans »

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 10:01:33 PM »
sounds great.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2020, 08:21:57 AM »
Since we have Paul's attention, I may as well pipe up with my own pet WW 1 project idea.

I'm not that engaged with mass infantry warfare. OTOH, the idea of Naval raiding forces of Tars and Marines catches my attention. The largest example of that would be the Zeebrugge Raid, but you could write scenarios for all sorts of other, smaller adventures - destroying a small fuel dump or w/t station, etc.

Commando raids inland with the raiders descending from airships might be another scenario.

Empress already does a nice set of late WW 1 RN raiders.

And they do Reichsmarine counterparts in their Tsuba German Revolution range, but the latter range lacks officer and petty officer figures. If there could be a small 2-figure set to remedy that, that would be amazing!

That would pretty much set up the wargames forces. USN equivalent figures would be the icing on the cake!

German command is the RS01 pack although I accept they do not have obvious ships captains types. I will ask Tsuba for you.

USN may actually be a reality as we have a long term plan to do Sand Pebbles stuff. Only about 10 years behind with that project  lol

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2020, 10:24:45 PM »
German command is the RS01 pack although I accept they do not have obvious ships captains types. I will ask Tsuba for you.

USN may actually be a reality as we have a long term plan to do Sand Pebbles stuff. Only about 10 years behind with that project  lol

RS01 have 2 decent NCO's and a standard bearer. I always assumed that they didn't make an officer, as officers would have avoided being revolutionaries.

But the "Red sailors" are perfectly good as Reichsmarine in WW 1 or Interwar as well. So colonial or Pulp scenarios could be covered. But one would need an officer figure or 2.

The USN stuff would be cool.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 12:40:26 AM »
I am down with some sand Peebles Navy and US China station Marines.  :D

Offline pcohn

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2020, 11:24:19 AM »
I am down with some sand Peebles Navy and US China station Marines.  :D