Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:00:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686488
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Latest mini received  (Read 974873 times)

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
Re: Latest mini received
« Reply #5655 on: October 02, 2018, 04:09:04 PM »
Yet another splurge on Anvil and World of Twilight!

Got a complete set of Delgon, Engu, and Dhogu from World of Twilight.  Highly recommend those delightful, whimsical minis.

And Anvil Industries has that incredible Regiments system.  My son (age 6) and I had a blast concocting different PMC guys and a group of Stargate-esque guys with P90s and berets.  Good daddy/son time.  (He lined them up against his Legions stormtroopers - it's really cute.)

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5656 on: November 13, 2018, 03:09:29 AM »
16 x 28mm Flossacke paddlers from Barrage Miniatures. Separate arms, weapons, oars and water bottles. Now to prime, assemble and base.
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #5657 on: November 13, 2018, 08:45:59 AM »
16! For Operation Sea Lion games?
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5658 on: November 13, 2018, 09:02:09 AM »
No, to crew the Flossackes and other rubber duckies I have for France and Belgium 1940. Barrage do a very nice Flossacke and AnyScale do some nice Rubber Duckies in a bridging set.

Offline WitchfinderGeneral

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5659 on: April 14, 2019, 05:09:32 PM »
Pre Brexit Panic Purchase!

#1 Hasslefree
I already have more "survivor" type figures than I'll ever need. However, I wanted that Kurt Russel lookalikes for a long time, they are just classic.

And while I was browsing the shop I saw "Rennie" and "Tilda" and I saw them maybe a dozen times before but I never before realizided that abvious reference to other gauls. I had to have them! I think "Tilda" should probably better be called "Alberta".

Also, I wanted the hazmat suit guys, because I wanted something along the line of those ex-Grenadier gasmasked troopers (which eventually came pre-primed).

#2 Moonraker

Besides the troopers I already have some other of those old Kill Zone figures. But I was still missing a lot. So this lead me to a larger order at Moonraker, more than 50 minis, some of the nicest near future scifi minis you can get.

"I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"
"Uh, I better look in the manual... This book must be out of date. I don't see "Prussia", "Siam" or "autogyro"...

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #5660 on: June 02, 2019, 04:34:29 AM »
Two teams of oxen and limbers from Empress miniatures for my ECW collection.

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5661 on: June 02, 2019, 07:50:16 AM »
Some 28mm Quar figures, Toulmore starter pack and LMG team and some Crusader officers and sniper team. Super figures, really like them a lot. :)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5662 on: June 02, 2019, 08:54:46 AM »
Some 28mm Quar figures, Toulmore starter pack and LMG team and some Crusader officers and sniper team. Super figures, really like them a lot. :)

A good buy Jambo, I absolutely love the quar, looking forward to seeing them painted up

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5663 on: June 02, 2019, 12:48:43 PM »
A good buy Jambo, I absolutely love the quar, looking forward to seeing them painted up

Beginning to become an obsession!! Have about 50 altogether to glue up and prime, working my way through them, enjoying it as they are fantastic, fun figures. :)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5664 on: June 02, 2019, 05:21:47 PM »
Beginning to become an obsession!! Have about 50 altogether to glue up and prime, working my way through them, enjoying it as they are fantastic, fun figures. :)

I know what you mean I've been collecting them since 2007 they are a joy to paint

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
« Reply #5665 on: June 04, 2019, 07:34:19 PM »
I know what you mean I've been collecting them since 2007 they are a joy to paint
I love the Quar.  Fantastic idea.

I live near-ish to Josh and the Zombiesmith crew and was lucky enough to meet them.  Fun, creative people.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5666 on: June 05, 2019, 01:58:21 PM »

Two figures from Hero Forge... turn out they cost me around 33$ (canadian $) each... BUT, they are really nice figures! lol
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
« Reply #5667 on: June 06, 2019, 04:47:51 PM »
Some great stuff from Zombiesmith, including:
* Project AH!  The Third, Bedlam Bunch
* Jaloof Starter Set, little space goblins, full of character
* Some utility robots, also full of personality
* The Hook, mysterious, whimsical, cartoonish little guys

I love Zombiesmith's "grimsical" style.  Well done, Josh & Co!  I hope my painting can do them justice.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #5668 on: August 15, 2019, 08:00:47 AM »
I received my box of HeroClix  minis yesterday. I ordered a bunch of civilian miniatures for use in (ultra)modern and/or (near) scifi settings.

They were cheap as chips; I bought 36 minis (2 are not in the picture) for just €22,- ! Meaning I paid about €0,60 a piece for them. They're all pre-painted, and need removing from their clicky bases, but with a little TLC, these will end up pretty nicely. For some I can get away with just a wash and some highlights, while others require a full paintjob.

I did the same with a batch of WotC bendy Star Wars minis, and the result is pretty solid.

So now I can populate the streets on my table with loads of hapless civilians getting caught in the crossfire. I reckon some will make pretty good objective miniatures too... :)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
« Reply #5669 on: August 30, 2019, 04:15:29 PM »
A wonderful batch from Lucid Eye's Ziggurat series :
- Son of Ares (fantastic hoplite sculpt)
- Sea People, including not-Goliath from the Bible, an excellent sculpt
- Amazons

After I made my order they released some more from these series!  The artistry and quality are so nice that I simply "must" have them all...

Can't wait to see the Amazon leader (queen?) and more hoplites, if they make them.

Come to think of it, a Cerberus, Minotaur, Medusa, maybe some sirens or harpies... I bet Steve Saleh could do a great job with these ideas!

I'd love to see Hitities and proto-Persians, early Egyptians... this Ziggurat serious could be something incredible.