Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:41:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Active Zombie & Wasteland Rulesets  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Antenociti

• Scientist
    • Antenociti's Workshop
Active Zombie & Wasteland Rulesets
« on: July 31, 2020, 09:47:15 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to find out what active rulesets there are currently for both Zombie Apoc games and Wasteland style games for 28mm sizes. The idea being that we can look over them and play them to look for opportunities for developing new scenery and vehicles. By "active" I mean rulesets that are still in circulation with some form of official support such as operating website, community groups and so forth and for which you can still buy figures, rules, starter sets etc.

ATM I've only got "Last Days", "Mantic:The Walking Dead" and "All things Zombie" on my radar and I am not familiar with any other games, particularly wasteland as I've never played anything of that type of game.

Appreciate any help and comments on what you may think of the various games rules you have played yourself.

Cheers,
Jed
\"You don\'t need eyes to see, you need vision.\"

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: Active Zombie & Wasteland Rulesets
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 01:02:22 PM »
You have "Wreck Age" from Hyacinth Games (US), Across the Dead Earth from Dead Earth games (UK) and "Afterglow" from White Tree Games (Poland) which are all still around and available but not exactly thriving and support is patchy at best. They are skirmish/RPG lite format with character development and ongoing story arcs.

Also in a much healthier state are "Eden" ex Taban now Happy Games Factory (France) and "Punkapocalyptic" from Bad Roll (Spain). Both have sizeable ranges, good support, active websites and fanbase. These are straight up skirmish games.

Online BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 01:37:56 PM »
Fistful of Lead: Wasteland Warriors by Wiley Games is very much alive. We have an active Facebook group, website and my own blog.
Our view of the apocalypse is less gritty and more gonzo, but the rules are flexible when it comes to the setting. Lots of room for customizing.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 01:58:25 PM by BaronVonJ »

Online Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 04:08:40 PM »
This is Not a Test by World's End Publishing is still very much active.  It recently published new supplements and I know that others are in the works.

https://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 08:22:00 PM »

Offline Antenociti

• Scientist
    • Antenociti's Workshop
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 02:07:28 PM »
Thank you all, much appreciated!

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 02:08:52 AM »
Another one that might qualify is Zona Alpha. The ‘zone’ is a local-level wasteland, rather than a global post- apocalypse, but it definitely has the usual zombies, mutants, etc inside the wire. ZA is set in Eastern Europe, but some folks are setting it closer to home for their games. I expect anyone playing it will need some ‘general purpose’ post-apoc scenics and terrain features- I know I do.