Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:49:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Grey League of Morris - Finished at Last!  (Read 16227 times)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Grey League of Morris - map case contents revealed 20.10.20
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2020, 02:49:10 PM »
"Perhaps, Agent Herefordshire, we should now invite your men up here to bring them up to date and also to spare the bar any accidental damage."

"Probably too late," he thought whilst nodding agreement. He hurried to the top of the stairs and gave the special Grey Morris whistle. Within seconds his men appeared at the bottom of the stairs, looking suspiciously innocent but also guiltily dishevelled. They clattered up to him and he directed them to Giselle’s room.

When the whole group was assembled in that quite small area, a certain amount of shuffling, buffeting and shoving occurred as the agents tried to find space for their guns, sticks, cider jars and potted meat sandwiches. When all were settled, Giselle clapped her hands to gain their attention.

Would you be kind enough to introduce your companions." This latter remark she addressed to Agent Herefordshire.

"Certainly, Agent Salisbury. In the corner, nursing his rifle, is Agent Staffordshire; the handsome fellow with the cider jug is Agent Shropshire and completing our Team is Agent Worcestershire. Lads, this is Agent Salisbury of the Intelligence Section."

The team gave Agent Salisbury a hearty welcome although there was some muttering along the lines of "Intelligence Section? Didn’t know we had one of them."

Giselle, indicating Herefordshire, said "your team leader will update you on the mission. I’m expecting a messenger with more information then we can start our operation. I’ll see you all downstairs."

Is it possible a game is about to break out....? We can only hope....

Doug

Offline Panama

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2020, 05:33:10 PM »
Wonderful stuff :)

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2020, 09:34:01 AM »
Bugger me, a map in the map case! Is there no end to the deviousness of these Intelligence wallahs?

Giselle, aka Agent Salisbury, nodded "I have heard of you before; your reputation comes before you."

Perhaps Herefordshire was involved in the incident with the goat, along with Vagabond?

A very nice build up to what will be another stirring epic in the sleepy village of Ambridge. The Green Man looks excellent.

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2020, 03:55:57 PM »
Wonderful photos.
A.Nik-

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2020, 02:28:19 AM »
Bugger me, a map in the map case! Is there no end to the deviousness of these Intelligence wallahs?

That is no doubt what they wish you to think.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2020, 07:31:07 AM »

Ah yes, I see what you mean syrinx0. The map is only there to mislead us. We must look behind the map for a much deeper meaning!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2020, 12:13:54 PM »
Cracking stuff, young Sir!
Good to see you back in the saddle*.
 8) 8)

*I do hope the unguents worked in the desired fashion.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2020, 03:58:58 PM »

Perhaps Herefordshire was involved in the incident with the goat, along with Vagabond?
No, I’m pretty sure Vagabond acted alone. His goat-worrying, like his Throppet-worrying, is very much his solo pleasure.

The Green Man looks excellent.
Thanks - the bar refurb has yet to be completed and some of the bedrooms are looking a bit tired. Most worrying of all, there’s no bathroom for the residential guests.

Wonderful photos.
Thanks - I got some new lights which a LAFFER recommended on the Photography board and they are a big help.

We know what they wish us to know but we don’t know if they know that.

Ah yes, I see what you mean syrinx0. The map is only there to mislead us. We must look behind the map for a much deeper meaning!
You mean the map is not an attempt to represent terrain and geographical interrelationships on to a handily portable piece of paper? This is dark work indeed.

Cracking stuff, young Sir!
Good to see you back in the saddle*.
 8) 8)
Thanks, Paul.

*I do hope the unguents worked in the desired fashion.
Those were unguents? :o I thought they tasted funny :D ;D ;)

Doug

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2020, 02:09:56 PM »
Hello, hello.....! What’s going on here then? Who is this, exiting the grounds of Sir Rufus Pitt-Bulstrode's manor? And why the reckless velocity? (Sir Rufus being the squire of Much Rampling and the Lord Lieutenant of Borsetshire, let us not forget).

Why, it’s none other than Lady Persistence Pitt-Bulstrode, the middle of his five wilful and determined daughters.

Where can she be off to at such a breakneck speed, a danger to herself and any innocent (or, indeed, guilty) person she may encounter? Could it be that she has a part to play in this epic adventure?

Doug

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2020, 10:13:08 PM »

"you're looking at the map upside-down"

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: The Grey League of Morris - Now What? 05.11.20
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2020, 10:34:13 PM »
Brill as always! I think you three; his Lordship,Vagabond and Doug are the LAF heroes of the forum for excellence above and beyond ,and for being fine chaps :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2020, 11:48:51 PM »
Steady on there Blackwolf, don't get carried away now..   :)

Lady Persistence has a jolly fine looking motorcycle , these dangerous dames sure know how to live and enjoy life in the fast lane. The local peasants and pheasants had better watch out.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2020, 12:09:54 AM »
I must protest! Where is Agent Cork, or Agent Argyll & Bute, after all it's well known that the British Empire was built on the intelligence of the Irish and the diligence of the Scots. You can't rely on dilettante Eton schoolboys after all!
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2020, 01:33:01 AM »
I must protest! Where is Agent Cork, or Agent Argyll & Bute, after all it's well known that the British Empire was built on the intelligence of the Irish and the diligence of the Scots. You can't rely on dilettante Eton schoolboys after all!

Not that I know an Eton from a Radley school boy (ties perhaps?) but I assume Lady Persistence shall assist in the matter.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2020, 10:08:28 AM »
Brill as always! I think you three; his Lordship,Vagabond and Doug are the LAF heroes of the forum for excellence above and beyond ,and for being fine chaps :)
Gosh....! Thanks very much (although between you and me, I’m not sure about the other two, to be honest)...
 :D
Well first, let me say that, having Scottish grandparents on my dad's side and Irish on my mother's (my Irish grandfather was called Paddy, for heavens sake :)), you’ll not find me diminishing those two fine nations. However, so far as I’m aware, Morris dancing is not big in Scotland. The Grey League recruits its field operatives from active Morris groups and these tend to be in the English shires and Welsh border so the naming tradition has evolved from there (the Intelligence Section recruits from further afield, hence Giselle).

The agents themselves tend to be of the horny-handed, yeoman types - Etonians are very thin on the ground in the Grey League.

Lady Persistence has a jolly fine looking motorcycle , these dangerous dames sure know how to live and enjoy life in the fast lane.
They do - it’s no wonder Sir Rufus' solitary son took off to fight in the Spanish Civil War at the first opportunity. Having five sisters like his made that conflict seem mild by comparison with his home life...!

Doug