Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:45:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686503
  • Total Topics: 118106
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Grey League of Morris - Finished at Last!  (Read 16235 times)

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Grey League of Morris - finally, the bus arrives 10.08
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2020, 07:03:56 PM »
It is conceivable that this observation may fall within the purview of the Grey League. You should take precautions. :)

True, I live dangerously.  Given the leagues penchant for using public transportation, my residence across the pond in an area almost devoid of any such conveyance, I suspect my slightly vague utterances won't make it to the top of their list.  lol
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2020, 08:50:41 PM »
Giselle's roll? I thought it had been ascertained that it was most likely a baguette?
Ohhh.....!

Thanks for bringing some added fun to the board guys.
Thanks for joining in.... :D

...or maybe it's a Croque Monsieur?
Ohhhh; ohhhhh....!

True, I live dangerously.  Given the leagues penchant for using public transportation, my residence across the pond in an area almost devoid of any such conveyance, I suspect my slightly vague utterances won't make it to the top of their list.  lol
This Is recklessness at an insane level. You know not what you dabble in.... :D

Doug

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2020, 01:11:55 PM »
Dear oh dear - two months since an update...! I got delayed painting a few extra things for this game and that led to doing stuff for a different project which led to.......Well, you know how these things develop. So, on with the tale:

The Team Leader (Agent Herefordshire, to give him his operational name), after the first moments of bus disembarkation euphoria, recovers his natural authority and, unsurprisingly, takes note of Giselle. She in turn recognises his natural authority and moves sinuously into close contact with him. Speaking perfect English, without a trace of an 'Allo 'Allo accent, she says "Follow me to my room in the pub. Tell your men to wait in the bar and have a drink. They can charge it to my account; I 'ave, sorry, have, something to show you....."

With that, she abruptly but gracefully turned and stepped into the pub, leaving a faint but delectable hint of perfume hanging in the air.

Agent Herefordshire, after a moment's delicious contemplation, rallied his men and told them to wait in the bar and "mind your manners and don’t drink the place dry....!"

No further encouragement was needed, within seconds, the Team were sampling the delights of The Green Man's bar whilst Herefordshire accompanied Giselle to her room

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: The Grey League of Morris - topic revived 15.10.20
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2020, 01:09:18 PM »
Good to see you back in the saddle with this.

I did hear that the Green Man was being refurbished. Is it once again open for business?   ;)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2020, 02:52:22 PM »
Good to see you back in the saddle with this.

I did hear that the Green Man was being refurbished. Is it once again open for business?   ;)

Thank you, m'lord....Yes, the Green Man has had a major refurb. All those interesting stains on the wallpaper have gone, which actually takes away some of the character.

Doug

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2020, 01:58:26 AM »
A very intelligent choice joining Giselle in her room for what will be a no doubt quiet discussion over a quality spirit with an appropriate charcuterie tray as opposed to the common room.  Assuming of course, things don't get out of hand...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 06:33:03 PM by syrinx0 »

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2020, 02:36:22 PM »
Assuming of course, things don't get out of hand...

:o The very idea.... :o

Doug

Offline Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2020, 07:50:53 PM »
Seems like a cracking adventure in the making.  Thanks for posting.
Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2020, 11:12:31 PM »
Looking forward to this and hope that the usual suspects are involved  :D
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2020, 03:08:24 AM »
:o The very idea.... :o

Doug

Well she is a spy. Could have sleeping potions, poison or even a weapon!  Oh wait, that isn't what you were thinking is it?  :o

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2020, 01:17:52 PM »
Seems like a cracking adventure in the making.  Thanks for posting.

Thanks - I’m hoping it all comes together eventually... :)

Looking forward to this and hope that the usual suspects are involved  :D

They almost certainly will be.....!

Well she is a spy. Could have sleeping potions, poison or even a weapon!  Oh wait, that isn't what you were thinking is it?  :o

I’m reassured.... :o

To continue:

Once Herefordshire and Giselle were in her room with the door safely closed, she put her map case on the table, opened it and withdrew - a map. More of a rough sketch really. In fact, quite a disappointing article considering the speculation as to what the case may have contained.

"Agent, I have a map. On reflection, possibly a rough sketch would be a better description. Before I continue, let me introduce myself. I am Agent Salisbury of the Grey Morris Intelligence Section. And you are....?"

Finding himself unaccountably self-conscious, Herefordshire coughed, went red in the face, fiddled with the clasp on his holster flap, then, pulling himself together, introduced himself. "I am Senior Agent Herefordshire, Team Leader."

Giselle, aka Agent Salisbury, nodded "I have heard of you before; your reputation comes before you."

Agent Herefordshire was not too sure which part of his chequered reputation she may be familiar with so decided to assume it was to do with his efficiency and courage. Maybe it was.

"So. Our task is the rescue of Ephraim Hardstanding, a stalwart Morris man, violently kidnapped by a group of crazed cultists for purposes unknown but almost certainly depraved and murderous. We know that these villains are somewhere in the Wild Moorlands of central Borsetshire, a stark and lonely place.

They are thought to be on their way to the village of Ambridge which, to all intents and purposes, is an ordinary, respectable place. However, beneath this peaceful facade, it is a hell-hole of dark deeds, cult depravity and general wickedness. We must rescue Ephraim before he disappears into the miasma of evil that is Ambridge." Giselle paused for breath and Herefordshire pondered on what he had heard so far.

"Could they already be at this dreadful place?" He asked. "It’s been a few days since the abduction."

"No. There has been a stroke of good fortune which has helped our cause. The doughty Ephraim managed to escape whilst crossing The Wilds. He was recaptured but only after a day and two nights had passed. He had been able to retrace the route they had come and had reached the edge of The Wild before recapture. We know the group is now resting before starting again on their path across The Wild. I had a message from one of my informants this morning telling me what I have just told you and giving me a reliable indication of the group’s current whereabouts." Here she paused as the sound of several bumps or maybe thumps, followed by what may have been breaking glass or crockery, came from the floor below. She looked quizzically at Herefordshire who responded with what he hoped was a puzzled frown.

The Team members were enjoying the delights of the Green Man and if their frolicking round the fireplace caused some unintended breakages and minor damage, well, the Grey League treasurer would foot the bill; hopefully.....

TO BE CONTINUED - probably interminably......

Doug

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Grey League of Morris - map case contents revealed 20.10.20
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2020, 02:24:14 AM »
... village of Ambridge which, to all intents and purposes, is an ordinary, respectable place. However, beneath this peaceful facade, it is a hell-hole of dark deeds, cult depravity and general wickedness.

That certainly does make one want to drop in for visit.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2020, 11:12:33 PM »
The pub refurbishment is looking very good, do they still serve the pork trotter pie on a Friday night?

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2020, 12:47:03 PM »
That certainly does make one want to drop in for visit.

You may not be aware of Ambridge. This is what they want you to believe about it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Archers#Ambridge
We know better ;)

The pub refurbishment is looking very good, do they still serve the pork trotter pie on a Friday night?
Yes. And, yes, the pig still starts the evening off alive. However, it’s pointless you asking because you’re still barred after that disgraceful episode with the goat. The goat is still in therapy.

Doug

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2020, 12:30:49 AM »
You may not be aware of Ambridge. This is what they want you to believe about it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Archers#Ambridge
We know better ;)

Ah. Hidden in plain sight.  Took a page out of Orson Welles book - err, radio.