Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:46:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Empress release British Jazz Age Imperialism Infantry.  (Read 7013 times)

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
Re: Empress release British Jazz Age Imperialism Infantry.
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2020, 06:49:51 PM »
Great stuff! Thanks to a post on Legatus Hedlius' blog, I became aware of the newer, non-Scots British. I think that they would be a much better option for representing Tibetan regulars of the early 1930s than my original idea of puttying trouser knees onto Crusader figures! Might a 10lb BL mountain gun be forthcoming...?

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2020, 11:16:20 AM »
A partially unrelated question for Paul (as it concerns IDM) : will the GAPS codes listed as "newly released" on the Iron Duke website but not present in the Empress shop yet be released in the next few days or will they wait until January to see the light of day ? The ones I have in mind are the Scinde campaign additions - Sir Charles Napier and staff, British standard bearers and officer, EIC irregular horse, and so on.

They are all at the moulders and will be released in early January for the start of a New Year.  :)

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2020, 11:20:20 AM »
Great stuff! Thanks to a post on Legatus Hedlius' blog, I became aware of the newer, non-Scots British. I think that they would be a much better option for representing Tibetan regulars of the early 1930s than my original idea of puttying trouser knees onto Crusader figures! Might a 10lb BL mountain gun be forthcoming...?

Currently no plans to however I would never say no at this point. January should see both the 13pdr and 18pdr plus limbers being released.   

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2020, 12:28:45 AM »
They are all at the moulders and will be released in early January for the start of a New Year.  :)

Cheers Paul. Pre-brexit order just placed without them then.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2020, 08:29:23 AM »
Cheers Arthur.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2020, 10:50:35 AM »
And since I promised comparison pics a couple of weeks ago, here they are with officers first, Lewis teams second and riflemen last (Copplestone left, Empress center, Brigade Games right) :

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2020, 12:06:43 PM »
Yes, the Copplestone versions are  well known for being very well fed.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2020, 07:57:15 PM »
I am no great photographer so my pics make the Brigade Games miniatures seem a tad larger than they actually are. They are only slightly taller than the Empress figures in the flesh, although they are much chunkier with bigger heads and Wolseley helmets, thick lower legs (the puttees are somewhat overdone) and oversized weapons - the bayonets in particular. As I wrote a couple of pages ago, the Copplestone Tommies are giants on steroids toting Lee-Enfield bazookas.

Warts and all, I'm still fond of my old BG figures and will keep those I have, but the new Empress offerings beat the other ranges hands down : they're crisper, more refined, far more correct anatomically and their weapons are a lot more proportional to boot.