Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:23:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689610
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Restarting My Post Apoc Table: Buildings.... NEW plying round with a rural table  (Read 18221 times)

Offline Basementboy

• Mad Scientist
  • Happy little chappy from the mythical ingerland
Re: Restarting My Post Apoc Table: Buildings.... NEW Survivors Refuge Done!
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2023, 10:45:25 PM »
Thanks for sharing the codes- I’ve no doubt I’ll find a place for them some day… :D
And the buildings look truly amazing, fantastic work! :-*

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2023, 07:03:29 AM »
More excellent work, very impressive.

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2023, 03:52:34 PM »
Nice work on that house.  I like the addition of the S&R code...well done!
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2024, 09:37:53 AM »
Well, I apparently left a treasure trove of post apoc stuff in Russia…. And can bring most of it back this trip! Spent the holidays with my wife's family. So had the time to inventory, and an empty suitcase earmarked. Unbuilt mdf, tons of scatter, minis, plus brining back my Mantic stuff from the original KS. Going to be a BIG post apoc year for my games!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2024, 10:54:41 AM »
TBC looking good, I really like the farm house with porch, looks great with the writing on it too!

Keep going!
Matt

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2024, 02:36:47 PM »
TBC looking good, I really like the farm house with porch, looks great with the writing on it too!

Keep going!
Matt

Thank you so much Matt! Its been a fantastic project to work on. I plan to finish the last house after the holidays and have 4 kits from Black Site on the way, plus more to bring home from storage! Stay tuned!

Online mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2024, 02:11:59 AM »
Happy Holidays, and I look forward to more cool stuff from you in 2024...!

Mike Demana

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2024, 06:12:12 PM »
Happy Holidays, and I look forward to more cool stuff from you in 2024...!

Mike Demana

Thank you Mike! A very happy holidays to you as well!  And….!!

Any of the old time LAF'ers remember the short lived Scavenge, Skirmish and Survive? It was a nuclear winter zombie PA game started by a small press about a decade ago. I loved the idea and bought the line. And…. I just found it all! So I'll be doing Last Days in a winter theme too!
Plus I found a KS of dead domestic animals, farm and pet plus some wild. They are all corpses and will look great on the table as scatter!
2024 will be my Year of Zombies!

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2024, 07:33:49 PM »
Well, I apparently left a treasure trove of post apoc stuff in Russia…. And can bring most of it back this trip! Spent the holidays with my wife's family. So had the time to inventory, and an empty suitcase earmarked. Unbuilt mdf, tons of scatter, minis, plus brining back my Mantic stuff from the original KS. Going to be a BIG post apoc year for my games!

ooh...looking forward to more of this!

You mentioned 20mm over in the Roswell '98 thread. The tables in this thread are 28mm, correct? Am I mis-reading the scale here?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 07:59:56 PM by Mr. White »

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2024, 07:58:29 PM »
ooh...looking forward to more of this!

You mentioned 20mm over in the Roswell '98 thread. The tables in this thread is 28mm, correct? Am I mis-reading the scale here?

No, you are correct, these are my 28s, but my first go at this was using Dark Future minis in 20mm.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2024, 10:13:30 PM »

Any of the old time LAF'ers remember the short lived Scavenge, Skirmish and Survive? It was a nuclear winter zombie PA game started by a small press about a decade ago. I loved the idea and bought the line. And…. I just found it all! So I'll be doing Last Days in a winter theme too!

I really enjoyed silent invaders SSS, I did a retheme to fallout/desert and played a lot of rounds to it. I've still got the photoshopped character cards on my Dropbox I believe. If you check my old post apoc thread you should find the link in there TBC. ;)

If you want to keep your basing materials the same.  ;D

It was wonderfully deadly, those snowstorms/sandstorms were violent, and the big guns (smg and machine guns) were very punchy. Most of my games ended with only a few men left at the end of the game hiding or running away. Very simple rules too, you didn't need a thick manual of rules. I then tried pulp alley as it seemed to offer a more dynamic play with jumping and driving vehicles but never quite felt like home like SSS did. Hardly anyone died haha.

There was a particular moment one SSS game where one of the children characters was pushed back somehow, which resulted in him falling down the stairs of the RocketMart, and he died as a result. Neither of us could believe what just happened in game it was ridiculously funny.

Reach out to Silent Invader, his website may still be up with all the rules and stuff.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
I really enjoyed silent invaders SSS, I did a retheme to fallout/desert and played a lot of rounds to it. I've still got the photoshopped character cards on my Dropbox I believe. If you check my old post apoc thread you should find the link in there TBC. ;)

If you want to keep your basing materials the same.  ;D

It was wonderfully deadly, those snowstorms/sandstorms were violent, and the big guns (smg and machine guns) were very punchy. Most of my games ended with only a few men left at the end of the game hiding or running away. Very simple rules too, you didn't need a thick manual of rules. I then tried pulp alley as it seemed to offer a more dynamic play with jumping and driving vehicles but never quite felt like home like SSS did. Hardly anyone died haha.

There was a particular moment one SSS game where one of the children characters was pushed back somehow, which resulted in him falling down the stairs of the RocketMart, and he died as a result. Neither of us could believe what just happened in game it was ridiculously funny.

Reach out to Silent Invader, his website may still be up with all the rules and stuff.

Cheers
Matt

Thanks Matt, I'll def check it out! I LOVE the idea of a nuclear winter type game. Very different!

Playing around with my rural board. I think to paint the house, from Pat's Laser Cutting, as burned out. The roof comes off, but there are no rooms inside, so Ill model the interior with a collapsed second floor. The model is very nice, but closer to 25mm rather than 28/32. I have a barn to go with it as well. The matt and fields are from my Saga game, but work well here. I also have trees to add and dead animals. Looking forward to 2024 gaming!

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Nice!

If you ever fancy a somewhat bigger house to an almost identical design then there's an O gauge one doing the rounds on ebay and Etsy:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/393515438088

Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Looks good so far.  Need some fences, though, even if the house is burned down... ;)