Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:45:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686552
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Painting up GZG 25mm. NSL Pics 8/19  (Read 1829 times)

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
Painting up GZG 25mm. NSL Pics 8/19
« on: August 01, 2020, 11:13:49 PM »
I picked up some armed civilians from Ground Zero Games to fill out my colonial militia. The first set is painted up and photographed on my blog with a short review.

http://www.addictedtolead.net/2020/07/31/gzg-25mm-partisans-resistance-fighters/

« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 03:07:20 AM by whitphoto »

Offline johnl5555

• Librarian
    • Wargamer Printing
Re: Painting up GZG 25mm.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 08:02:19 PM »
  Nice! I had been watching your YouTube channel following your 25mm scifi progress. Nice job on all of these 25mm figs. I have been priming up more of mine and picking up more vehicles. I am a big fan of the scale! I also just based my Action Fleet Starship Troopers figs. They are a perfect fit with Gzg, etc. I have around 50 of them. I've been trying to build Companies (although they tend to be understrength).

Thanks.

John
Owner JS Wargamer Printing. 3D printing miniatures, buildings and terrain.
https://wargamerprinting.com/

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 08:28:10 PM »
Some WIP photos of whats on the desk.

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 03:47:30 PM »
  Nice! I had been watching your YouTube channel following your 25mm scifi progress. Nice job on all of these 25mm figs. I have been priming up more of mine and picking up more vehicles. I am a big fan of the scale! I also just based my Action Fleet Starship Troopers figs. They are a perfect fit with Gzg, etc. I have around 50 of them. I've been trying to build Companies (although they tend to be understrength).

Thanks.

John

Thanks! Life has been getting in the way of updating my youtube and blog, but I've been getting an obscene amount of painting done as I hide in my basement bunker. I bought a collection of a couple hundred stargrunt figs a couple years ago and I only have about 50 left to do I think. Next up are the NAC once I finish a couple odds and ends laying around from the NSL, ESU, and colonial militia.

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 05:19:49 PM »
Colonial Militia added to the blog. Great little figures, even if I would like more variety.

http://www.addictedtolead.net/2020/08/03/gzg-25mm-colonial-militia/

Offline johnl5555

• Librarian
    • Wargamer Printing
Re: Painting up GZG 25mm. Colonial Militia added 8/3
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 10:48:22 AM »
  I have never seen these figs before. Lots of personality. Nice job painting them! I need to finish up my Company of Islamic Federation troops. Then work on my FSE. My NAc, UNSC and NSL are done. I also have a bunch of Battletech infantry and heavy weapons that are painted. Along with some Grenadier, Denizen, Heritage Galacta Power Armor and WEG Star Wars figs. I bought a 7 pack of BroneKorpus Battle Tank Company by Tehnolog on Ebay. They are the same scale as my Gzg resin tanks and you have a variety of main weapons to choose from. Just got them in last week.  Have some terrain I want to complete. I'll probably use Galactic Heroes (Wiley Games) Bigger Battles. Love the rules and have been running Star Wars Galactic Heroes for a while now. We will be able to ramp up the battles with the new set!

I am looking forward to seeing your progress. Maybe I can get some pics of my stuff and post it.

Thanks.

John

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 03:50:45 AM »
I bought a 7 pack of BroneKorpus Battle Tank Company by Tehnolog on Ebay. They are the same scale as my Gzg resin tanks and you have a variety of main weapons to choose from. Just got them in last week. 

I just got a shipment in from Tehnolog last week after almost exactly three month, way longer than usual. I order from them usually once a year and grabbed some of the Platformer terrain this time. I've been tempted to get some of that stuff, but my painting queue is all full for now and I'm just not real good and converting that stuff to look like they're not toys.

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 09:02:43 PM »
I bought a 7 pack of BroneKorpus Battle Tank Company by Tehnolog on Ebay. They are the same scale as my Gzg resin tanks and you have a variety of main weapons to choose from. Just got them in last week. 

I just got a shipment in from Tehnolog last week after almost exactly three month, way longer than usual. I order from them usually once a year and grabbed some of the Platformer terrain this time. I've been tempted to get some of that stuff, but my painting queue is all full for now and I'm just not real good and converting that stuff to look like they're not toys.

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 04:16:48 AM »
Trying out new gear and software, I did up a video on my paint scheme for the colonial militia!

https://youtu.be/GEoNJ3CHLCc

Offline johnl5555

• Librarian
    • Wargamer Printing
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 12:11:29 AM »
  Just watched the new video. The Militia looks great! I also use craft paints a  lot. Ceramacoat and Americana are good paints. I use various washes including army painter and my own Pledge washes using ink. Been buying a lot of acrylic inks to make washes with.

Thanks.

John

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 04:27:38 AM »
Excellent!  I’m going to have to steal the color scheme for my 15mm planetary militia.

Dan

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2020, 02:39:06 AM »
  Just watched the new video. The Militia looks great! I also use craft paints a  lot. Ceramacoat and Americana are good paints. I use various washes including army painter and my own Pledge washes using ink. Been buying a lot of acrylic inks to make washes with.

Thanks.

John

I've used black and sepia inks for my own washes for awhile now, but I'm just starting to use inks through my airbrush and white ink by brush. I've been buying a lot of Vallejo and Army Painter paints this year because all the craft stores were closed. But I recently went to Hobby Lobby to stock back up on my favorite colors and grab some cheap brushes and whatnot.

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
Re: Painting up GZG 25mm. NSL Pics 8/19
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 03:17:24 AM »
I finally finished basing and varnishing my NSL troops and took them out for a fashion shoot.

Instagram post with more photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CEFO9HPHd4v/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Review and old photos on the blog: http://www.addictedtolead.net/2020/02/26/ground-zero-games-25mm-new-swabian-league-figures/

Online Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Re: Painting up GZG 25mm. NSL Pics 8/19
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 12:12:00 PM »
Very, very nice. :) I dig those GZG 25mm minis and it's great seeing them painted up.