Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:19:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Finding simple STAR WARS rules  (Read 1912 times)

Offline D. Brownie

• Scientist
Re: Finding simple STAR WARS rules
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2020, 05:11:26 AM »
Thank you all guys!  ;)
So many suggestions....  :o
I'll need a little time to study lol

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2020, 09:04:17 AM »
Another recommendation for FFoL:GH as well.

Plenty of AARs using FFoL:GH for Star Wars on my blog https://nozzawargaming.blogspot.com/.

Offline Tom Reed

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2020, 02:49:42 PM »
There is a very nice set of Star Wars rules based on the FUBAR system. I've been running them for my buddies for quite some time now and we always have a great time playing.
Jane! Stop this crazy thing!

Offline johnl5555

• Librarian
    • Wargamer Printing
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2020, 05:34:50 PM »
Hi. Another vote for Galactic Heroes and Bigger Battles by Wiley Games. We have used both sets several times. Great flavor, fun, fast and easy to learn. I have run games as large as 14 players with them. I have also run 2 player games. Really great sets of rules (like all the ones from Wiley Games)!

I don't know if the Fubar variant is the one I helped create. It has a bunch of cards I posted in the Forge of War Facebook group. i created the stats. Another creative gent created the cards for SST, Imperial and Clone Wars Star Wars and a few others.  I have mainly used it for very large Star Wars Clone wars battles in Micro Machine scale. 200+ infantry and 30+ vehicles. It also plays quickly and is fun. I use the two action variant. If you pass your activation roll you get two actions. Fail and you get one. I am not a fan of fail and go onto overwatch. Makes for static games (in big battles).   

Thanks.

John
Owner JS Wargamer Printing. 3D printing miniatures, buildings and terrain.
https://wargamerprinting.com/

Offline D. Brownie

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2020, 05:55:42 PM »
Thank you very much!
Never considered Fubar... Very simple but with interesting mechanics. I like particularly the suppression rule that, if I'm correct, if applied to single characters practically gives them more HP (but with penalties if they are suppressed). Very clever!
This and Ffol GH are now, before having tested them, the most intriguing choices...

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2020, 06:37:56 PM »
Looking good.

Yea, give GH, and/or Fubar a try.  Star Wars Miniatures is a classic go-to as well.

For GH, I think the Jedi and Vader should definitely get far bigger dice, e.g. D14 - D20, for them, and the emperor.

You can adjust for various levels of The Force skill, as time goes on, if desired, and/or to differentiate them.

As you mentioned, more wounds is another way to go too.

I think Darth should probably get at least five of those, if you don't give him a lot of saves when being fired at by blasters, or when in close combat with other Jedi.

Offline D. Brownie

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2020, 07:10:36 PM »
Looking good.

Yea, give GH, and/or Fubar a try.  Star Wars Miniatures is a classic go-to as well.

For GH, I think the Jedi and Vader should definitely get far bigger dice, e.g. D14 - D20, for them, and the emperor.

You can adjust for various levels of The Force skill, as time goes on, if desired, and/or to differentiate them.

As you mentioned, more wounds is another way to go too.

I think Darth should probably get at least five of those, if you don't give him a lot of saves when being fired at by blasters, or when in close combat with other Jedi.

I totally agree with you. Thanks for the ideas ;)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2020, 06:31:43 AM »
There is a free Star Wars "Programme Guide" for 7TV.
https://crooked-dice.co.uk/product/star-wars-programme-guide-pdf/