Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:57:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686494
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Query about The Wargames Zone  (Read 953 times)

Andrew_McGuire

Query about The Wargames Zone
« on: August 10, 2020, 03:45:55 PM »
I'm wondering whether anyone has recent experience of ordering from this company, which also goes by the name of Lurkio. I placed an order over three weeks ago for the Mortem et Gloriam starter bundle and some figures. My order is still shown as 'processing'. An email last week was returned undelivered, and two messages sent via the contact form have gone unanswered. I've now made a request for a refund via PayPal, which is awaiting the seller's response; shades of The Twilight Zone?

Apparently this may not be the ideal site from which to order MeG, though it is owned by the designer. The obvious alternative would be the Plastic Soldier Company, which produces the new edition, I suppose, though one might have expected the designer's own store to be reliable enough.

Does anyone have any light to shed on this?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 04:36:54 PM by Andrew_McGuire »

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Re: Query about The Wargames Zone
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 07:47:36 AM »
I've messaged Simon about this (met him a couple of years again when I was on long-service leave in South Africa). He said that he hasn't seen any emails come through, but he'll respond to the Paypal notification. He also suggested trying another email to info@lurkio.co.uk

Hope that helps!

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 03:33:30 PM »
Thank you. I initially wondered whether the company being based in South Africa - which I hadn't initially noticed - might account for the delay in dealing with the order, but obviously that has nothing to do with the non-receipt of my email and the lack of response to the messages sent via the contact form.

I've now had a reply from Simon, who seems as puzzled as I am. The message sent via PayPal was the first he knew of my order - though it does show in my account. A series of unprecedented technical glitches appear to have occurred - in MeG terms, I "rolled five REDS and got 5 S results". He's very apologetic, and has offered a free set of figures in recompense.

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 12:35:33 AM »
Glad to hear it's been sorted then.

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 01:36:27 AM »
Thank you. I initially wondered whether the company being based in South Africa - which I hadn't initially noticed - might account for the delay in dealing with the order, but obviously that has nothing to do with the non-receipt of my email and the lack of response to the messages sent via the contact form.

I've now had a reply from Simon, who seems as puzzled as I am. The message sent via PayPal was the first he knew of my order - though it does show in my account. A series of unprecedented technical glitches appear to have occurred - in MeG terms, I "rolled five REDS and got 5 S results". He's very apologetic, and has offered a free set of figures in recompense.

My Mum's in South Africa; she tells me the lockdown is very severe there (officially, at least), and that parcels going through the less than efficient postal service are even slower than normal at present. Even in ideal conditions it takes several months to get a parcel from her in Cape Town to me in Bangkok (whereas Magister Militum get it into my hands within a week, though they do seem exceptionally efficient).
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 02:10:55 PM »
It's just as well it's being shipped from Lancashire, then....