Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:55:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689762
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Nova Aetas - painting the whole thing to a tight deadline  (Read 7024 times)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Nova Aetas - painting the whole thing to a tight deadline
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2018, 09:52:14 AM »
hmmm, it would take me a couple of weeks (at best) just to do the static grass and varnishing I think!
thanks for the info.

look fantastic 'in situ'.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2018, 07:58:01 PM »
WOW! What a collection! :o Amazing work! :-*

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2018, 02:36:31 PM »
@Bloggard: Well, i'm really, really sloppy, if that helps. :D ;) I'm not huge on varnishing in general though. My own minis I don't varnish much; plastics I won't varnish in general, resin neither, metals... not all the time either.

@Andym: Oh, thanks very much. :) I handed them over yesterday, the meeting of the deadline was met with benevolence, and tonight the figures will see action in their first games I heard. So fingers crossed. Hope I hear how that goes.

Right, that's done now. I really enjoyed setting up the shots with the scenery, so I painted two more buildings for my late-medieval-to-20th-century/fantasy town collection:

A small half-timbered house and a heavily fortified house, all from the Thomarillion-designed/NOCH-made range of hard foam buildings. I really have a soft spot for this stuff. Possibly because I was basically raised on these:

Especially the town houses were great. So basically I'm redoing my collection from *coughcoughcough* years ago. :p Anyway, I guess that scenery stuff warrants a separate thread...

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2020, 03:43:42 PM »
'ello. I thought it would be a somewhat justified act of necromancy as right now I got more Nova Aetas figures on the desk.

They're from the NA expansion Vesuvio's Forge:

Just a WIP of course; it's these three plus three evil cultist dudes and a scholarly looking character with a handgun.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2020, 02:13:51 AM »
'ello. I thought it would be a somewhat justified act of necromancy as right now I got more Nova Aetas figures on the desk.

Glad you did as I missed this thread the first time through.  Wonderful work on the entire collection!
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2020, 12:01:17 AM »
@syrinx0: Thanks. :) Yar, it was quite a rush back then.

Greetings, friends.

Here's the Nova Aetas figures finished! Big figures, those. 32mm. Well, the dudes in the back are even larger of course.

full size image:

Hope y'all like'em. Also: Have a great weekend. What are we all up to? I'm going to clean the flat! Wahey! Also trying to learn the ropes on that incredibly disheartening video game called Squad.