Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:20:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Source for 20mm Egyptian terrain?  (Read 962 times)

Offline Philhelm

• Scientist
Source for 20mm Egyptian terrain?
« on: September 09, 2020, 02:29:57 AM »
The Age of Myths moderator suggested I ask here since some of you have games set in Egypt.

The search function is not working for me and I have searched online as well, so forgive me if there is a thread for this already.  My online search results tend to result in broken links, out of stock items, and disappointment.  I'm looking for what can pass as ancient Egyptian buildings (dwellings rather than pyramids, temples, tombs, ruins, and such) for 20mm.  The models I'm using are 1/72 scale and are about 23mm tall on average.

Someone in the other forum suggested Hovels resin 15mm Middle East terrain, but I'm not sure of the size (or at least the door height).

Offline nandrin

• Librarian
Re: Source for 20mm Egyptian terrain?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 06:55:59 AM »
Hovels are a good idea, but I think 15mm will be too small for your minis. But since the 25mm Hovels are "true" 25mm (and hence too small for todays 28mm and beyond figures) , they could fit quite fine.

Best Regards,

Offline Jerm

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 04:25:02 PM »
Not my period/obsession, so I don't have a specific manufacturer, but I have seen too many examples  at shows/wargame mags/pinterest sites not to believe there aren't a few. I half recall an old War-games Illustrated article on making your own middle-eastern type buildings from foam core, so might be worth a deep google dive for that. Such buildings would fit ideally with a manufacturer like 4Ground that makes laser cut pdf terrain, although I did check their site and found a distinct lack of what you are after in 20mm. Hopefully someone will have a better answer than mine - good luck

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 10:47:51 PM »
Because Egyptian architecture trends to the huge, when I did my 28mm Pulp Egyptian archeological dig I used repurposed toys.  Before you reject the idea because my collection is 28mm and because repurposed toys don't seem very credible, take a look at the second half of my Pulp Egyptian collection... the second half of that gallery is where the ancient Egyptian structures are located; the first half of the gallery is a Pulp era Egyptian town.  To see this go to my vanity website and scroll down to the picture and words that identify the Pulp Egyptian gallery.  Click on the picture and scroll down through the pictures until you come to the pictures of the ancient Egyptian structures; it's a big gallery of 110 pictures.  Trust me you'll have fun.  There is a lengthy write up that goes with the pictures describing what I used in the collection.  You can find my galleries at www.warin15mm.com
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 10:49:22 PM by War In 15MM »

Offline Philhelm

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 06:00:31 AM »
Because Egyptian architecture trends to the huge, when I did my 28mm Pulp Egyptian archeological dig I used repurposed toys.  Before you reject the idea because my collection is 28mm and because repurposed toys don't seem very credible, take a look at the second half of my Pulp Egyptian collection... the second half of that gallery is where the ancient Egyptian structures are located; the first half of the gallery is a Pulp era Egyptian town.  To see this go to my vanity website and scroll down to the picture and words that identify the Pulp Egyptian gallery.  Click on the picture and scroll down through the pictures until you come to the pictures of the ancient Egyptian structures; it's a big gallery of 110 pictures.  Trust me you'll have fun.  There is a lengthy write up that goes with the pictures describing what I used in the collection.  You can find my galleries at www.warin15mm.com

That was truly impressive, and I wasn't expecting to see the "Queen" of Egypt.  I'm of a similar mindset in that toys, aquarium decorations, bookends, etc. would be perfect for the larger structures.