Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:49:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 649
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Age of Heroes - FREE Wargame Rules  (Read 4898 times)

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
Re: Age of Heroes - FREE Wargame Rules
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2020, 10:19:51 PM »
in this rule what is shuffle I can't find it

Runts This upgrade allows you to field diminutive warriors or runts; you essentially swop one Warrior for two smaller runt models; can’t be combined with Swarm, Shuffle or Big Guy
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 08:47:49 AM »
Ahh I missed that, thanks The Gray Ghost. I was going to include Shuffle to allow players to use triffids and shambling zombies but as I was trying to keep the Age of Heroes Extra booklet to 4 pages I dropped it for something else. But here ya go...

Shuffle Slow moving, this model can’t rush at their foe and so seeks strength in numbers; you either swop one Warrior for two Warriors or one Hero for a Hero and a Warrior, all of which then have Shuffle; models with Shuffle can’t Run; can’t be combined with Runt, Swarm or Big Guy.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline hummus

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2020, 12:21:55 PM »
great rules. I was thinking as an optional rule you could swap 2 warriors for 1 minor hero. The stats for the minor hero being the same as the hero but they have 1 health instead of 3.

Offline warwell

• Assistant
    • Warwell's Wargames
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2020, 01:17:36 PM »
These rules are very flexible and can easily be modified to your liking

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2020, 02:15:00 PM »
Thanks hummus! That sounds like a pretty solid idea, I like it...I may even have to pinch it :D

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2020, 03:20:12 PM »
It is always great to see some folks try their hand at game design!  It is fun and easy isn't it!
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2020, 11:12:33 AM »
I've just started a new plog* where I'm building a couple of warbands for Age of Heroes and I decided to make a few changes to the rules...

Beasts can no longer use wargear so no giving a beast a shield for +1 to their Armour Roll

The biggest change is to Infected which is a tad powerful as you basically get 2 upgrades for the price of one with no downside. So, I had a think and decided to change it to a warband upgrade:

Infected A player may decide to use two upgrades to create an Infected warband and so all models in the warband gain the Infected upgrade. Infected models are Hard to Kill but not exactly the best fighters so they suffer -1 to their Fight Roll and may not shoot. In addition, if an enemy is removed as a casualty from a Fight attack by this model, roll a D6 and on 5+ they turn and are controlled by the Infected player. Now Infected, they have only 1 Health but keep all existing upgrades, though they can’t shoot.

I think this balances Infected a bit more as it gives a downside, being less effective in melee, but frees up some upgrades which prevents players having to spend all their upgrades just to make an Infected warband.

*See here...https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=128109.msg1620079#msg1620079