Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:37:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 513
Total: 518

Recent

Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Krognak

• Lurker
    • Disordered Retreat
Hi All
« on: October 31, 2020, 05:13:57 PM »
Hello Everyone and thanks for accepting me!  :D

I usually post on my blog but I’m eager to share my work here as well and become more active in the community! I mostly play skirmish games and I’m currently working on a Viking force for SAGA and a warband for Frostgrave. I’m also tinkering with my own dark fantasy setting for the latter system.

I'm no good at introductions so here's a look at my most recently painted models:

Thanks Again!
I post my hobby-related rambling and progress on my blog: disorderedretreat.com

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 07:06:53 PM »
Nice looking figures, & welcome to the LAF.
Where are you based?

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 07:13:41 PM »
Hello and welcome to this great forum!

Funny to read that you are tinkering with a dark fantasy version of Frostgrave. I once attempted the same (it can still be found with the name Raubvogel in the Frostgrave subforum) but it went totally beyond tinkering and in the end it almost became my own game system.

Due to limited hobby time and because I found that fluff writing was the most fun I had to scrap that project and focus on getting other wargaming projects and more non-wargame-y writing done ;)

Anyway, with the LAF you found an absolute gem of the internet! Enjoy!
"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Offline Krognak

• Lurker
    • Disordered Retreat
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 07:26:10 PM »
Where are you based?

I'm based in sunny old England!

Hello and welcome to this great forum!

Funny to read that you are tinkering with a dark fantasy version of Frostgrave. I once attempted the same (it can still be found with the name Raubvogel in the Frostgrave subforum) but it went totally beyond tinkering and in the end it almost became my own game system.

Due to limited hobby time and because I found that fluff writing was the most fun I had to scrap that project and focus on getting other wargaming projects and more non-wargame-y writing done ;)

Anyway, with the LAF you found an absolute gem of the internet! Enjoy!

I'll be sure to check out your attempt - thanks for the heads-up. I can relate to getting wrapped up in the fluff. Plenty of my projects have never made it out of the draft stage! This particular setting actually started out as a DnD setting but due to the virus we never got round to actually playing in it...

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 07:45:53 PM »
Don´t expect too much :)

I only published little bits of it here. After a while I came to the conclusion that it had started as a hobby project but become actual work. Work which I had no intention of publishing via DrivethruRPG or any other commercial vendor. With real work ramping up and there being no short supply of stressors in our current world situation I called it off and started my Oathmark project.

Wargaming for me is meant to be relaxing and also very hands on. Listening to a podcasts and building or painting stuff. I spend too much in front of the screen at work as it is.  Maybe I will write a wargame or a fantasy novel some other time  8)

It seems to me that most of the lads and ladies here are based in England and sometimes it makes me jealous. Although there seems to be quite an active wargaming community here in Germany it is not that much of an institution as it is in England or the UK. Well, good for you ladies and gentlemen for having such an abundance of fellow players!

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 07:50:40 PM »
Welcome  :)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 09:33:21 PM »

What he said!

Offline Gun bunny

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 05:15:00 AM »
welcome