Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:45:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689757
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Martian Empires: help with Imperial Martian list (mins/maxes, costs, unit sizes)  (Read 1730 times)

Offline flintlocklaser

• Lurker
Hi everyone, I have a bit of an odd request.

The short version is that after moving across the US, I'm finally picking up a few abandoned minis plans from years back, and one of the main ones I want to work on is  Martian Empires! Unfortunately my copy of the rulebook is somewhere in storage. I'm fine with ordering a second copy of the book, but the problem is that I am trying to place one order with the new book and two armies all at once to minimize the shipping hit. I still have the old Venus supplement so I was able to make up a shopping list for 2000 points of the British Expeditionary force, but without the army list I can't figure out how to expand the Imperial Martian starter set to 2000 points.  Would anyone be willing to either provide me with the Imperial Martian army composition and points info (unit sizes and min/max counts would be fine by me for this purpose)? If people aren't comfortable with doing that, which I understand, could someone at least give me an example of a 2000pt army that builds from the starter set?

If it helps for the second option, here's the starter army contents:

1 x Guard infantry unit with polearms
1 x Guard infantry unit with guns
1 x Imperial Martian infantry unit with swords
1 x Imperial Martian infantry unit with guns
1 x Artillery unit
1 x Cavalry unit with lances
1 x Imperial Martian leader and princes
1 x Scout flier

That's supposed to be 720 points exclusive of leaders.

It's been years, but I feel like the minima for regular infantry were 1 each of sword- and gun-armed units per 1000, but even if I am remembering correctly and I grab packs to double this I don't have any idea what sort of points I'm looking at here.  I also seem to remember there were some units that were limited to specific Imperial Martian factions, like the ones that got fliers couldn't take the thought projectors?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, I've gotten a real urge to start in on this project and like I said if I could make one large order to get started it would be perfect.  Thanks again for any assistance.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
There's a Cytherian expansion?!?

I saw the lizard folk, but never knew...

And Fighting 15s offers a free download!

Thank you SO much!

Alas,  I never actually got to play, though I did use figs and some ideas in GASLIGHT games. Nothing to offer off the top of my head, and I had a major life upheaval last year, and my copy of Martian Empires is MIA. Along with a heck of a lot of other stuff, but don't ask...

I WILL be back to see if someone else can be of assistance; might get some of my ideas going, along with putting M.E. higher on my list of lost-rebought.

Doug

Offline flintlocklaser

• Lurker
Glad I was able to incidentally inform you of that Venus Expedition addon, I still had it in my dropbox from years ago but I'm glad it's still up at Fighting 15s!

Sorry to hear your copy went astray, it was something I really wanted to play years ago but there were too many little obstacles to me getting it started. Moving has cleared the decks for a lot of little oddball things I had always wanted to mess with and Martian Empires is right up there, along with maybe finally doing something with my old Aeronef stuff which is also in storage but at least I know exactly where it got to, haha!