Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:33:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Finally Out: World at War: Gear Krieg + 20% off all Gear Krieg models  (Read 13162 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Hot on the heels of our successful Vehicle Compendium books is our 6th book: World at War: Gear Krieg!

World at War: Gear Krieg is your comprehensive guide to using Two-fisted Pulp Superscience Armoured Fighting Vehicles and Infantry in Battlefield Evolution: World at War.

This 80 page book covers all the unit descriptions, pictures and stats for all the Gear Krieg models that are currently produced by Dream Pod 9. From German Rockettroops, Zombies, Panzerkämpfer, British and US combat walker, the US aerial Infantry to Soviet Superheayv tanks - everything is in this book.

The book also provides an introduction to the Gear Krieg Universe, new or modified traits necessary to play with the units of this book, modified Advanced Rules to enhance your games even further, an AFV force list and an in depth view on playing World at War in different scales.

With this book you can play everything from 6mm upwards, even rules to use multibased infantry miniatures are provided.

As with our previous Vehicle Compendium you will get in fact 3 books with this deal:
a full colour version with many high quality pictures of fully painted models
in addition a B&W text only printer friendly version
and all the unit cards to field these vehicles conveniently on the tabletop.

See some more unit card samples:

All units in this book are consistent with existing units in the Battlefield Evolution: World at War and Pacific War books, also written by Agis Neugebauer!

This book requires the use of Battlefield Evolution: World at War, available from Mongoose Publishing.

You can download the book (as all our books) from the Wargame Vault here.
http://www.wargamevault.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=2468&filters=0_0_0

More infos here: http://www.agisn.de/html/gear_krieg.html
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:48:39 PM by Agis »
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Finally Out: World at War: Gear Krieg!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 11:50:57 AM »
I'm not too much into WWWII but this looks really inspiring I must say. Really beautiful pics, lots of graphics - that's something to look at! Well done!
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 11:52:33 AM »
Fantastic work Agis you are a powerhouse of a publisher, now I denad you do one on the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan :-* as the pseudo sci fi lists and such do nothing for me in Modern Combat :D

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 02:01:27 PM »
Thanks guys!  8)

@Modern Combat - Maybe someday, right now I have to take a very careful look at the sales numbers.  :?
At the moment they are not really justifying the effort. If Gear Krieg fails...

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »
Fingers crossed Agis, could it just be cause of the game system not getting favour as the product looks the dogs danglies?

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 05:35:43 PM »
as the product looks the dogs danglies?

American translation please?  :-)

Da other Grimm

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 06:22:07 PM »
...looks the dogs danglies?
??? ??? ???
...me too! I do not understand this!
Looking good? Or bad?

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 06:34:44 PM »
it's the same as "the dog's bollocks". Which means it's very good.

as opposed to simply "bollocks" which is bad. ;)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 07:53:41 PM »
Oops ;D sorry yes it means great :D

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 09:15:23 PM »
Now even me got it!
 ;)

Well, Battlefield Evolution certainly is a game system that is polarising gamers, some love it some seem to seriously dislike it!
IMO it is a very friendly and clean game system, that can be easily modified and is very flexible. The gear Krieg book proves this IMO perfectly.

I needed some new traits to cover the unique abilities of combat walker. Soon the Multiple Movement System and Walker trait were created and testing could begin. The more we played the more everything fell into place.
The Battlefield Evolution system again proved flexible enough to represent even these units. A Ready Action to change Movement System, increased size to get better Movement in difficult terrain, no Multifire to represent the effect of the very small walker crews, walker assault for close quarter fighting etc. etc.
All in all, I am very happy how these units look and feel on the table while using the Battlefield Evolution system.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 09:16:46 PM »
BTW: I just checked the sales numbers, it looks not too bad for the 1st couple of hours!

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 09:52:56 PM »
Now even me got it!
 ;)

Well, Battlefield Evolution certainly is a game system that is polarising gamers, some love it some seem to seriously dislike it!
IMO it is a very friendly and clean game system, that can be easily modified and is very flexible. The gear Krieg book proves this IMO perfectly.

I needed some new traits to cover the unique abilities of combat walker. Soon the Multiple Movement System and Walker trait were created and testing could begin. The more we played the more everything fell into place.
The Battlefield Evolution system again proved flexible enough to represent even these units. A Ready Action to change Movement System, increased size to get better Movement in difficult terrain, no Multifire to represent the effect of the very small walker crews, walker assault for close quarter fighting etc. etc.
All in all, I am very happy how these units look and feel on the table while using the Battlefield Evolution system.

Dont get me wrong Agis I like the rules :D and as you say they are ideal for Weird War 2

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 10:09:36 PM »
Gis what scale are the gear kreig minis on your site? they look fantasdtic. The DP9 is 15mm?

http://www.agisn.de/html/gear_krieg.html

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 06:30:52 AM »
Gis what scale are the gear kreig minis on your site? they look fantasdtic. The DP9 is 15mm?
Battlefield Evolution: World at War was written with 28 or 20 mm miniatures in mind. The official Dream Pod 9 Gear Krieg minis are 1/100 or 15mm miniatures. This proves no problem at all since the Battlefield Evolution: World at War system is flexible enough to handle this scale.
In depth rules to used multibased infantry stand as used in FoW are included. So if you have a FoW army you can use them easily with WaW: GK!

Offline Heresy

• Librarian
    • www.heresybrush.com
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 12:41:14 AM »
Very good job, really very inspiring!

www.heresybrush.com