Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:45:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686439
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures Cold War Range. T64 RELEASED.  (Read 88183 times)

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures Cold War BAOR released.
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2020, 09:58:40 PM »
Oh not worried, I thought as much all along just wanted to give the chap a clue that what he wants already exists.  :)

Now you said Soviet Paras but for nostalgia’s sake and memories of warm afternoons spent in stuffy huts watching training films, trying to stay awake then surely you want something more like the ‘enemy’ in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciFnTiacaDU

Maybe Polish paras?  ;)
Oooh that brings back so many memories, we don't get training videos like that any more, a pity.  Also, that film just shows that there was no need to adopt MTP, just go back to what DPM was like in the early years, not that dark 95 crap it turned into.

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2020, 07:37:28 AM »

Now you said Soviet Paras but for nostalgia’s sake and memories of warm afternoons spent in stuffy huts watching training films, trying to stay awake then surely you want something more like the ‘enemy’ in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciFnTiacaDU

Maybe Polish paras?  ;)

Thats brilliant. So good I am pinching it  lol

I think Underfire are going to do Polish. Empress are going for Soviets.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2020, 07:41:15 AM »
Also looks like we are going to have to do prone figures.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2020, 09:41:56 AM »
We want a Corporal Rooney figure. The world needs a character figure who explains his concept for the assault as getting into ‘grenade chucking range’.

Tis a pity his fame was over shadowed by his distant relative, Shrek, the fat, mildly talented footballing twat. The boy had a natural on screen presence.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2020, 10:19:37 AM »
I bet that film provided lots of laughs for you Aussies when you saw it?

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2020, 11:42:25 AM »
Well, the odd giggle maybe but it was better than nothing. We used quite a few British Army films. Minor weapons and section organisation differences aside, the same principles applied and the film is pretty much how section attacks in Initial Employment Training were taught. Commonwealth Armies had/have a lot in common and certainly had more so than with our Trans-Pacific/ Trans-Atlantic cousins. I think in general terms the British Army was and probably still is highly regarded as a professional army with a lot of experience to draw on.

Come to think of it, I’m struggling to recall any Australian Army training films that were locally made.  Sure there must have been something but I don’t recall seeing them. Probably little need, the British ones were good enough and well pitched at soldier level. They don’t insult the audience’s intelligence and convey the information in good bite sized chunks. There’s a bloody good one I can recall on conducting a recce patrol. Well worth taking a gander.

By the by, when you bought the HLBSC vehicles, didn’t you acquire their FV432? I just had a look at the vehicles section and couldn’t find it.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2020, 11:46:18 AM »
Re the FV432 yes we did and we are moving through the entire garage making new moulds. As they become available we put them back in the shop.

Sadly ( well kinda of) we sold the last of the 'old' stock a couple of weeks back.

The FV432 and similar vehicles are ready to start this process as they all arrived here yesterday.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2020, 12:57:26 PM »
Cool, I can wait, I have a few more of your vehicles to build yet anyway. Are you going to do a Peak turret or some sort of conversion to slot in the Scimitar turret for those who gancy doing the Berlin Brigade? I must admit I don’t fancy the idea of painting the Berlin cam scheme. Looks good but would be a bugger to execute well.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2020, 01:09:59 PM »
At the moment we are just ploughing through the range as it exists as we have such a lot going on in resin with this range and everything else.

However when the dust settle we will revisit everything and see what we can do to 'add' to the vehicles across the range. TBH we could probably spend a year simply going through all our ranges and seeing what we could do but that's not going to happen unless the change is relevant. 

Got the next 12 figures from this range due to land today.

Onwards and upwards.

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2020, 07:34:44 PM »
I always wondered why the Brits seem to be the only ones with cloth strips and/or foliage on their helmets.  It's a good idea, just why only them?

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2020, 08:50:50 PM »
I always wondered why the Brits seem to be the only ones with cloth strips and/or foliage on their helmets.  It's a good idea, just why only them?

The US went through a phase at the end of the 80's. Lots of pics from Operation Just Cause in Panama of scrimmed up helmets.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2020, 11:50:12 PM »
I think that was largely a fashion with their so-called Light Infantry Divisions, they called it the cabbage patch hat or some such thing.

Pre the current century and post WW2 tin hats were rarely worn outside of grenade and anti-armour ranges in the Australian Army but they did get the scrim and hessian treatment at times.

Funnily enough during WW2  there was a widespread belief amongst the diggers in New Guinea and the islands that adding hessian was undesirable as it could be carried into any wound if the helmet was penetrated.

Offline Dragonstriker

• Schoolboy
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2020, 09:34:29 AM »
Why reinvent the wheel when there’s already a suitable range in existence? Oh and the webbing is quite different too.
I know about the commando miniatures range, but more choice is always better.

The Op Claret was an aside really, I want Paras and Gurkhas for late 70s & early 80s in temperate gear if I’m wishlisting. And another M60 team for the VN ANZAC range, so I can make a full platoon.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2020, 09:50:26 AM »
Nope. Try the Eureka Aden range. OK, they aren’t wearing jungle boots but a file and some paint fixes that. Apart from that they are perfect for Borneo, right webbing, right kit, including the GPMG. If you want AR15s you will need to catch and kill your own.

Offline Dragonstriker

• Schoolboy
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2020, 10:03:13 AM »
Thanks @carlos