Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:23:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686498
  • Total Topics: 118103
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures Cold War Range. T64 RELEASED.  (Read 88213 times)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Luverly!   :-* :-*

Bit surprised the snipers aren’t in ghillies but happy to have them regardless.

Most of the picture references we had for the 10 year period had them as shown. Also the smock is a specially issued sniper smock which I think is the only time that a special bit of kit was issued to them. Therefore we thought it worth showing it as its a one off  ;)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Fairy nuff.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Cool.

BTW any chance of Rich making an AVRE version of the Centurion? Mostly just a new gun, dozer blade and fittings.

I second that request.

• Scatterbrained Genius
Quite happy to get the Antiques Roadshow Centurion AVRE on the road but Richard is very busy at the moment.  :'(

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
Quite happy to get the Antiques Roadshow Centurion AVRE on the road but Richard is very busy at the moment.  :'(
This is the 21st Century can we not clone Richard  lol

• Scatterbrained Genius
This is the 21st Century can we not clone Richard  lol

Just finished the second series of West World and that's a scary prospect  ;D

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Just finished the second series of West World and that's a scary prospect  ;D
So you might understand my comments on your Old West thread...
Now I wonder about Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Harris and James Marsden (and some ultramoderns with P90s)...

• Scatterbrained Genius
Tempted by the Ed Harris character if only for the Le Matt, which was completely inaccurate as it was cap and ball not cartridge, but I suppose that he could have got one engineered considering what else they created  lol. However does that make him a western figure or a modern figure?

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures Cold War more BAOR packs released.
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2021, 07:06:20 AM »
Any chance of a pack with SUIT/Trilux sights or even some loose sights to retrofit onto the existing packs?

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2021, 08:22:25 AM »
Possibly. We are concentrating of the Cold War period first, then moving onto The Falklands and some other linked areas so we can look at these as a retro fit. Will give it some thought.  ;)

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/militaria/pre-falklands-war-british-army-slr-l1a1-suit-trilux-l2a2-scope-mount/prod_6837.html

At the moment still working through an ever growing list  lol

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2021, 11:59:46 AM »
Well, they were certainly in service during the Cold War, ‘70s and ‘80s and they were most certainly used in the Falklands. It’s the L2A2 Trilux sight I’m talking about, the one fitted to the SLR not the SUSAT for the L85.

M79s on the other hand were, I believe, a real bit of exotica in the British Army. Apart from the Paras usage in the Falklands I understood they were mostly used in NI as point defence weapons for VCPs and base defence.

Any rough time frame for the FV432s being back in production? The OPFOR all have rides and my squaddies are feeling a bit left out.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2021, 12:02:37 PM »
Oh and will there be Argentines for the Falklands? I do hope so. The old MoFo ones are a bit on the wee side when compared to the Boustead sculpts.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2021, 12:38:14 PM »
Well, they were certainly in service during the Cold War, ‘70s and ‘80s and they were most certainly used in the Falklands. It’s the L2A2 Trilux sight I’m talking about, the one fitted to the SLR not the SUSAT for the L85.

M79s on the other hand were, I believe, a real bit of exotica in the British Army. Apart from the Paras usage in the Falklands I understood they were mostly used in NI as point defence weapons for VCPs and base defence.

Any rough time frame for the FV432s being back in production? The OPFOR all have rides and my squaddies are feeling a bit left out.

You have to take into account that the range is for a war that did not happen therefore a lot of kit would have come into use that was not issued during exercises in Europe. The issue of the M79's in the Falklands is an example of the unusual popping up when the shooting starts.

If you want to think exotic how about crossbows? Have found concrete evidence to their issue in the late 1970's and not to special forces. ;)   

FV432's will be out soon as just sorting an issue with the track and then stocking up for proper release. Got the SAMSON out very soon as well. Stay tuned. I am behind with my photography so trying to catch up so I can release. ;)   

« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 12:43:47 PM by Paul @ Empress Miniatures »

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2021, 12:40:38 PM »
Oh and will there be Argentines for the Falklands? I do hope so. The old MoFo ones are a bit on the wee side when compared to the Boustead sculpts.

Would be a bit weird not to. However I suspect The Falklands figures may be next year as we have a lot of European theatre to do first. TA, Paras, SAS, Soviets, specials etc.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2021, 07:11:33 PM »
That’s fine, 40th anniversary of the war next year.