Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:10:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686511
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mantic hard plastic Ratkin  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
Mantic hard plastic Ratkin
« on: September 25, 2020, 11:41:44 AM »

Mantic have released a preview of the new Hard plastic Ratkin (NotSkaven) sprue, which will be part of the new Kings of War 2 player starter set 'War in the Holds'. And is the first of a forthcoming range of Ratkin they will be releasing.
https://youtu.be/3t9hd5Uu3EQ

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Re: Mantic hard plastic Ratkin
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 12:27:06 PM »
They look interesting, seem to be a bit better style wise than I remember from some of the Mantic stuff, guess a lot depends on price and numbers in a box.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 12:45:14 PM »
I think the sculpting of their stuff is improving. I got a free sprue of Chaos Dwarfs with Miniature Wargames a month or so ago and they are actually very nice.

Theyve redone their Goblins for the new starter box as well, and they look pretty nice too.

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
  • "Viel Feind - viel Ehr!" - Georg von Frundsberg
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 01:31:20 PM »
They look interesting, seem to be a bit better style wise than I remember from some of the Mantic stuff, guess a lot depends on price and numbers in a box.

Prices are on their website - look them up under "New Products" ... it is 20 Goblins for €24,99.

"Viel Feind - viel Ehr!"
(Georg von Frundsberg, 1473 - 1528)

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 10:02:28 PM »
I'm surprised about the use of a small video window for showing tiny parts of photos of sprues and miniatures. :D

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 07:37:36 AM »
Figures themselves are quite alright, but the shields and the majority of the weapons really don't do it for me (random bits bolted on to make them look rough and brutal or so? Looks terrible). Even for the price, I don't think I like them better than the already a decade-old Skaven clanrats, not even enough to add them into the mix.
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 09:39:47 PM »
They are also part of the new starter set (link here I hope) https://www.manticgames.com/games/kings-of-war/getting-started-kings-of-war/kings-of-war-war-in-the-holds-two-player-starter-set/

This new two-player starter is the perfect introduction for Kings of War – the mass fantasy battle game. War in the Holds tells the story of the brutal battles between the evil goblins and equally wicked Ratkin. Includes an exclusive Ratkin Warlock and exclusive Goblin Wiz!

[size=78%]Now did anyone see any tails?[/size]

[size=78%](sorry for the font mess but the editor does not like Safari)[/size]

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 12:04:05 AM »
Looking like a great kit! I just wish they'd go back and redo their original Dwarf sprue to be up to their current standard  :?

Offline Mallo

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 12:46:09 PM »
I've had some terrible experiences with Mantic stuff, but these look lovely so I've taken a gamble. Oathmark plastics are fantastic so these will have to be really damn nice to convince me to buy more in the future, but from looking about online, it does look like that new Abyssal Dwarf plastics are very good, so I'm hoping that the quality has carried over to these new ranges too.

Only nit pick I've got from their preview videos is that the shields are sculpted to the arms and there doesn't appear to be many bare arms. I get that they probably did that to save space, but I so much prefer them separate. You can choose to paint them on or off then, you have a choice to use them without and you can switch them out for other ranges bits a lot easier. It's such a GW kind of thing to do and is such a disappointment. It's plastic so its solvable, but for this day and age, seems such a backwards way of creating kits.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2020, 04:53:38 PM »
It looks as if the ratkin and the goblins have been working out, look at those arms!