Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:33:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bolt Action: Raiders  (Read 859 times)

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
Bolt Action: Raiders
« on: September 25, 2020, 05:50:16 PM »
Hello!

As I am just now reading Churchill´s magnum opus "The Second World War" again, I am inclined to play some historical games and as we already have a - somewhat defunct - Bolt Action Group this should be no problem in terms of models.

However: What game system could be used? Most of us usually play skirmish games these days.

So I started researching and while doing so (was looking for Bolt Action: Firefight) I stumbled upon a product called "Bolt Action: Raiders".

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bolt-Action-Raiders-Warlord-Games/dp/1472837541

This seems to be pretty much what I was looking for and apparently it was planned for a release in April 2020. That obviously did not happen due to the whole thing going on right now, but do any of you esteemed ladies and gentlemen have any information on this?

Many thanks and kind regards

Historiker

"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Bolt Action: Raiders
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 05:53:13 PM »
Warlord did release a set of skirmish rules recently. Just not under that title. I can't recall the name, but it should be on there site somewhere (I believe it has a pair of Soviets on the cover). It was a .PDF I believe.

Edit: this seems to be it. Not sure if this is the product that you're referring to under a new title - repackaged to coincide with the Stalingrad campaign book, or if Raiders was supposed to be its own thing - more specifically based around sabotage, etc.

https://store.warlordgames.com/products/academy-of-street-fighting-bolt-action-firefight-pdf
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 05:55:33 PM by Wyrmalla »

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 06:27:49 PM »
Thank you for your reply!

The free PDF is just another version of the free Firefight! Ruleset.

Bolt Action: Raiders is presented as a commercially available 160 Page Hardcover.

I really do hope it is still planned and will probably get in contact with Warlord Games after the weekend  :)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 06:44:39 PM »
Aye it sounds like it was delayed. Possibly due to it being a print product and there being issues at the factory they're outsourcing to. At least for a few Months there I noticed that Warlord's release schedule was pulled back considerably. So its either down to not having the stock, or trying to fit the release in somewhere which is most commercially viable (i.e. there's products they hold onto for years before releasing - like the Konflikt 47 backlog).

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 06:48:37 PM »
There is another interesting set of rules listed on Amazon which looks like a WWIII Bolt Action rules.  Unfortunately it’s not due till January 2022.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flashpoint-Platoon-Skirmishes-Osprey-Wargames/dp/1472843614/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=osprey+wargames&qid=1601055904&sprefix=osprey+war&sr=8-6

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 06:54:20 PM »
Warlord did say once that they have years of planned content  8)

Have now asked them via mail and will let you know what they say.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 06:56:04 PM by Historiker »

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 10:47:52 AM »
Got a reply from Warlord Games today:

Raiders is indeed a separate product but the current Corona situation has had an effect on their release schedule.

For my part I am happy to hear that it will release at some point  :)

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 10:49:24 AM »
Got a reply from Warlord Games today:

Raiders is indeed a separate product but the current Corona situation has had an effect on their release schedule.

For my part I am happy to hear that it will release at some point  :)
That’s good, hopefully we’ll see it in 2021  :)