Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689632
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hot Fuzz miniatures from Hasslefree  (Read 3611 times)

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hot Fuzz miniatures from Hasslefree
« on: August 15, 2009, 03:41:39 PM »
My son is pushing me to prepare a skirmish game based on the final fight in the movie "Hot Fuzz". Can anyone advice if the Hasslefree figures are same size as other modern minis from Foundry, TAG, Copplestone + any others I haven´t thought of? Grateful for any help

Offline Hrothgar

• Scientist
  • "We grow old because we stop playing" - GBS
    • Cheshirekat's Hobby Corner
Re: Hot Fuzz miniatures from Hasslefree
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 03:57:44 PM »
I have painted these figures-they were a commission though, so I can't check sizes now. I would say they were an exact match in size with my TAG and EM4 troops, but a little smaller than the new Copplestone stuff and not as bulky.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 05:22:57 PM »
My son is pushing me to prepare a skirmish game based on the final fight in the movie "Hot Fuzz". Can anyone advice if the Hasslefree figures are same size as other modern minis from Foundry, TAG, Copplestone + any others I haven´t thought of? Grateful for any help

Thye mix just fine with Foundry, and are just slightly smaller than Copplestone i if you'd like, I can try to get some photos...
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 06:34:14 PM »
Thanks for your comments which sounds reassuring. I have some of the other Hasslefree female figures and I find them rather slim and smallish compared to the other companies mentioned. No need for photos I trust your judgement.
Maybe you can recommend some other miniatures that could be suitable opponents to the two cops?

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 08:51:04 PM »
What kind of opponents are you looking for? I am not familiar with Hot Fuzz, so I am lost there...

Hasslefree usually does seem smaller than the majority of other figures, but that is because Kev tends to sculpt his figures to a more realistic proportion than other companies. However, when you take into account that people are all different sizes, they work just fine together. I have a mix of figures I used for a Superhero RPG campaign that were a mix of Hasslefree, Heroclix, Superfigs, Reaper, and Foundry, as well as the occasional Games Workshop, and they mixed well enough. Of course, I am not as furious of a scale monkey as some.

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 09:40:45 PM »
Well, to game the final showdown of the movie I need elderly men and women armed with handguns, shotguns and an occassional bren gun (!). They might not be so easy to find but I have to try...

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 09:45:11 PM »
I think some of the 28mm resistance ww2 fighters from Artizan and Bolt Action might fight the bill very nicely...

Darkoath

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 09:46:38 PM »
And perhaps some of the IRA from Musketeer in 28mm... I think some of those are also in civilian dress and carrying shotguns.

Darkoath

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 04:29:39 AM »
Hasslefree miniatures are a lot smaller than Copplestone. Though honestly I've always preferred looks over heights.

For the bren-toting lady, all I could suggest is a partisan painted accordingly. Very few old men and women armed to the teeth in miniature form.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 06:10:54 AM »
Thanks for all your help!

The forces are starting to gather! I will post a photo once they are ready to do battle!