Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:10:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686637
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for 15mm weird wars  (Read 2373 times)

Offline aktr

• Librarian
Looking for 15mm weird wars
« on: September 30, 2020, 07:47:08 AM »
Hi,

Anyone know where I can get some 15mm weird war stuff from? I know clockwork goblin used to do stuff but now they are just doing 28mm for K-47.
I'm thinking of adding some weird to my Flames of war armies.

Either real world prototypes or mechs and jetpacks

Cheers

Offline rokarege

• Assistant
Re: Looking for 15mm weird wars
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 10:52:49 AM »
Gear Krieg might be good, also Heer46 or Alternative armies Ion Age or Hordes of Future (it's sci-fi, but might be good for Weird war as well).

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 05:50:59 PM »
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 05:54:08 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 06:45:22 PM »
As Ultravillainsmurf posted I have used GZG to represent Konflikt ‘47 power armoured troops as I only have drib and drabs of original Clockwork Goblin stuff. There does seem to be a lull in 28mm K47 and I continually have my fingers crossed that Warlord will drop the licence and Clockwork Goblin will start producing them in the original (and much nicer in my opinion) scale. Also there are always 6mm things that you can convert - large 6mm walker becomes an infantry support walker etc.

Good luck,
BALM
Beneath A Lead Mountain - my blog of hobby procrastination and sometimes even some progress
https://beneathaleadmountain.blogspot.com/

Offline Deflatermouse

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 10:32:16 AM »
My Time travelling Space-Nazis.
From a variety of places.  A couple of Clockwork Goblin which I was lucky to get and some Eureka Space Nazis. The bell I built from a Styrofoam Xmas bell covered in superglue and paper..
Die Glocke in 15mm
The idea is as every time traveler declares they are going to kill Hitler, the Nazis, being evil but not entirely stupid notice people showing up and trying to kill an Austrian painter and driving him mad.
They set up a protection squad and themselves travel back  and forth to foil attempts.
Depending on the outcome of a game, it will change the "Future" of the protagonists.(returning to the present and it's a utopia or a dystopia, depending if the Nazis control the future/present or not).
And if that isn't enough for the Tomorrow People to contend with, then there are the Neo-Sovs. Reports they are building some sort of "Time Tunnel"
What I have been working on instead of doing my 1845 Sikhs.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 05:53:34 PM »

The idea is as every time traveler declares they are going to kill Hitler, the Nazis, being evil but not entirely stupid notice people showing up and trying to kill an Austrian painter and driving him mad.
They set up a protection squad and themselves travel back  and forth to foil attempts.

That is... very clever. I like that a lot.

Offline Deflatermouse

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 10:09:24 AM »
My thoughts were
First game is an Allied attack on German Lines. A normal WWI trench raid.
Then the Tomorrow people show up  and try to kill a German Corporal.
Second game exactly the same setup and start, Tomorrow people showing up and then a couple of turns latter the Zeitschutz show in in Die Glocke.
If they win that sets up the third game in which.
The Third game.
Tomorrow people jump back to their time. Then a turn later they show back up, fully restored. (They returned to their time, and for 6 months repaired, rested, reviewed what happened, retrained and returned to a couple minutes after they left the past).

Had a battle of K47 in 15mm a while back using 15mm WWWII figs and FOW units.

Other games include
The Zeitschutz also jumping into the Ukraine and Poland in an attempt to hit a young  Stalin when he commanded the Conarmie during the Russian Civil War and the Russo-Polish war.
Maybe have Neo-Sovs show up as they have built their own "Time Tunnel"

I need to build a Schloss for the Zeitschutz base of operations.

A while ago we had a game of K47 in 15mm, using FOW units with some zombies and Werewolves from Rebel Minis, a couple of Walkers and zombies I was lucky to get from Clockwork Goblins a while back and a All Quiet on the Martian Front spider walkers.
I think the Sherman Tesla turret is a 3D print.
I have found turrets for a Telsa Cromwell and Soviet groundshaker T34 turret on Thingiverse.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 10:31:16 AM by Deflatermouse »

Offline metalface13

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 07:33:56 PM »
I found this line of 1:72 scale Weird War 2 vehicles, most are of a german design. I suppose you could paint them up in whatever nation colors you want, but you could also kitbash them with other 1:72 WWII models.

https://www.hlj.com/search/?q=*&productFilter=manufacturer%3ARocket%20Models

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 03:58:51 PM »
Gear Krieg might be good, also Heer46 or Alternative armies Ion Age or Hordes of Future (it's sci-fi, but might be good for Weird war as well).

I would include Heavy Gear Blitz as well.

I have a couple of the Southern Miniatures - Sagittarius Striders

It could be easily kitbased into what-ever your want.

They also have an "extras" section where you can buy different weapons including turrets and stuff that could be handy.