Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Kickstarter - Cthulhu investigators  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Kickstarter - Cthulhu investigators
« on: October 20, 2020, 06:19:02 PM »
My good friends over at Kazrak Studios have launched their very nice-looking line of 32mm miniatures depicting various pop culture and game characters with a Lovecraft investigator twist to the design. There is not Ciri from Witcher 3, not Lara Croft from Tomb Raider, and not Mulder & Scully from X-files. The miniatures will be available as metal, resin and STL files for 3D printers so there are plenty of options.

Kazrak Studio are old friends of mine and are also sponsoring my blog and YouTube channel with some goodies (from the Kickstarter among other things) which I will unbox as soon as they arrive. There will also be giveaways over at my Patreon to my supporters as soon as those miniatures start to get some paint on them. Even though they are sending me a pack of the 6 base investigators I'm backing this project to support them and to get all the unlocked stretch goals :P

You can find the Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saberandblood/cthulhu-investigators

Kazrak Studio's primary business is casting metal and resin miniatures for both big game companies and private persons who want to have their own sculpts cast. They are well established and have been working out of Warsaw for many years. Check out their Facebook page if you are interested in their business side of things: https://www.facebook.com/KazrakMiniatures

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Kickstarter - Cthulhu investigators
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 06:30:24 PM »
I should also add that the scenic bases are completely optional and not cast with the miniatures.

Offline achab

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 07:01:38 AM »
I really like the stretch goal. The necktie is not quite scully-ish, but whatever, it's still the best miniature take on my favorite FBI duo ever.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 10:41:28 AM »
I think these will be great for Strange Aeons and other similar small scale skirmish games. I really look forward to them unlocking more stretch goals along the way. I recall there were up to 15 potential extra investigators  ;D

So far they have only master moulds for the basic 6, the rest are renders.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 10:57:01 AM »
Last couple of days guys. 13 investigators in either resin, metal or STL have been unlocked for £35. Final stretch goal is a large Dark Young monster mini  ;D

« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 10:58:42 AM by Anatoli »

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 12:02:43 AM »
Look like they'll get to the Dark Young.  Anyone know if this would be included in the $35 metal pledge?  If so it's a big chunk of lead, perhaps it would be better, and lighter, in resin?
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'