Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:24:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) Firelock Games Blood and Plunder Raise the Black  (Read 4953 times)

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
Re: (Kickstarter) Firelock Games Blood and Plunder Raise the Black
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 09:12:45 PM »
The Kickstarter is going splendidly. Hopefully we will see much more stuff for the Box of Plunder. I am usually not one of the "gimme moar!"-type of guys but with this game every addition seems to be ticking boxes with me.

Can't wait to have games of Charles Vane facing off against Woodes Rogers. Currently reading up on my 18th century history because of this game. And they have planned to eventually expand the game into the time of the American Revolution. Great times ahead for this game!
"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 10:49:04 PM »
Giving this thread a bump (if that is okay) as the Kickstarter is entering the last ten days. So far everything is going great. They even have added a pledge level for people only wanting to get only miniatures.

Hoping we will reach the 18th century cavalry  8)

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2020, 10:49:28 PM »
Firelock Games just published a new update about their Blood & Plunder : Raist the Black Kickstarter which brings the game into the 18th Century.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firelockgames/blood-and-plunder-raise-the-black/posts/3003321

Apart from a (hopefully) to be achieved sweet, sweet 18th Century Officer model they also unlocked the Native American Units Box which will be another great option when setting sail this time next year. Hopefully we will be able to gather and catch up on all the games missed this effin´year!

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2020, 07:11:28 PM »
The Blood & Plunder Kickstarter is in the final sprint!

Good stuff has been added to the Box of Plunder and there seems to be more on the way.

Now let's see whether we can unlock that sweet 18th century cavalry  :-*

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firelockgames/blood-and-plunder-raise-the-black/description

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2020, 06:20:17 AM »
I know we are going to pledge, just not sure how much.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline El Frantico

• Librarian
    • Firelock Games
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2020, 08:17:24 PM »
Thanks for the bumps Historiker!

Cavalry is close!!! Less than 2 hours left for the campaign :)
Mike Tuñez
Firelock Games
www.FirelockGames.com

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2020, 08:37:34 PM »
You're welcome. Really looking forward to jumping into the 18th Century with Blood & Plunder next year!  :)

Fingers crossed that we will make it to the final stretch goal but even if the campaign does not reach that goal it has been an immensely successful Kickstarter. Especially for a game with a real historical focus.

Hoping that Raise the Black will bring lots of new players (like me) into the game. I am very excited about how your gem of a game will develop in the future!

Offline El Frantico

• Librarian
    • Firelock Games
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2020, 09:24:18 PM »
You're welcome. Really looking forward to jumping into the 18th Century with Blood & Plunder next year!  :)

Fingers crossed that we will make it to the final stretch goal but even if the campaign does not reach that goal it has been an immensely successful Kickstarter. Especially for a game with a real historical focus.

Hoping that Raise the Black will bring lots of new players (like me) into the game. I am very excited about how your gem of a game will develop in the future!

Thanks! Cavalry just unlocked :)

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2020, 09:40:15 PM »
Amazing and most of all: Congratulations to this huge success!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2020, 04:06:46 AM »
We went Pirate Hunter. Really looking forward to it. Congrats on a successful campaign Mike.

Offline El Frantico

• Librarian
    • Firelock Games
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2020, 03:39:10 PM »
Thanks everyone! Now to get to work and get this thing done next week.  :D

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2021, 01:18:38 AM »
So what's going on with this KS? I was expecting something like the first one, but ATM, there's hardly any participation in the comments and the only updates are pics of renders. This was what I was told four months ago:

These are being made in China. The company we are working with (Bippi) has a very high production level and we are confident that we will have excellent results that match the renders and prints shown. They have done work on some pretty high profile games with excellent quality minis.

We expect to probably have the first shots out of the molds just after Chinese New Year. So likely March. As soon as we have them, we’ll be certain to show them off!

I understand that plans change due to a variety of factors, but the pledge manager closes in June and I still haven't seen the physical product and so haven't decided whether to stick with my original pledge or add another box. :-I

Offline pancakeonions

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2021, 09:46:45 PM »
Sounds like they will give the one-month warning that the pledge manager will close in late June or July (i.e., the PM won't close until August).  From Firelock Games, posted yesterday:

We have no solid date on that yet. We will be sure to give you at least one month warning before we do. Right now it’s looking like we will make the announcement in late June - July

If it closes in August, that's pretty tight to meet their deadlines of delivering in October 2021.  I suspect this one will slip a little (particularly given the comment above about having models to show off "in March"...!).  I'm in no rush, but am also waiting on more pictures and details before I finalize my pledge.  I am still very excited for this one!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 09:49:27 PM by pancakeonions »

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2021, 06:32:52 AM »
It is possible we will add to our pledge of they wow us with cool, new photos of product production samples.

And yeah, I do not see this delivering on schedule.