Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:30:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686490
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Italian Partisan project finished  (Read 2906 times)

Offline malto cortese

• Scientist
  • Ein genie uberblickt das chaos
Re: 28mm Italian Partisan project finished
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 08:43:35 AM »
Strategia e tattica used to do some, if I remember correctly, but 1) they were not particularly good figures, compared to today's standards and 2) I just checked their site and there is no trace of any wargaming miniatures, they seem to have moved out of our business and only deal with boardgames, accessories, etc. Too bad....
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. Groucho Marx

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2020, 12:04:18 PM »
These are the ones I was talking about.
https://store.warlordgames.com/search?type=product&q=Italian+Airborne+Paratroopers

Now to figure out the rest of the troops.  ::)
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2020, 02:44:19 PM »
Well these are wonderful.
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2020, 12:02:58 PM »
I am pretty sure the Warlord Italian Paratroopers are late war so could pass for RSI style. And maybe some head swaps on other existing ranges.
They could easily pass for RSI paratroopers ..but the Nembo RSI Paras didn’t fought vs partisans but against Allied at Anzio, vs French free forces in the north west ecc...despite that  as both the  paratrooper tunic and smocks were very fashionable among RSI units and even the pouches could be ..you can still use them for various other troops types like X Mas marines or even paramilitary types like GNR and Black Brigades but you have to  purchase appropriate headgears like Italian Standard helmets, berets and caps.. another simple option that I did for my 1:72 RSI minis is to simply purchase any classic WW2 Italian infantry figure (European uniform of course) and transform with putty the end of WW2 Italian infantry trousers in to baggy ones masking those awful puttees..maybe you could even  cover the open neck with some putty to give the idea of a pullover neck .the rest is ok...Finally you do not need many specific RSI figures as the anti partisan columns were frequently stiffed with German Soldiers from Polizei units and sometimes chetnics, Cossacks and even, in Piedmont, French volunteers from Vichy  Franc Gardes..everyone in is own uniform...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 12:32:17 PM by italwars »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2020, 01:21:45 PM »
They could easily pass for RSI paratroopers ..but the Nembo RSI Paras didn’t fought vs partisans but against Allied at Anzio, vs French free forces in the north west ecc...despite that  as both the  paratrooper tunic and smocks were very fashionable among RSI units and even the pouches could be ..you can still use them for various other troops types like X Mas marines or even paramilitary types like GNR and Black Brigades but you have to  purchase appropriate headgears like Italian Standard helmets, berets and caps.. another simple option that I did for my 1:72 RSI minis is to simply purchase any classic WW2 Italian infantry figure (European uniform of course) and transform with putty the end of WW2 Italian infantry trousers in to baggy ones masking those awful puttees..maybe you could even  cover the open neck with some putty to give the idea of a pullover neck .the rest is ok...Finally you do not need many specific RSI figures as the anti partisan columns were frequently stiffed with German Soldiers from Polizei units and sometimes chetnics, Cossacks and even, in Piedmont, French volunteers from Vichy  Franc Gardes..everyone in is own uniform...
Good to know, thanks for all that information. I have been wanting to do some late war RSI for a Italian campign. And my buddy just recently painted up a US 92nd Infantry division force for Italy. So they would make decent opponents that are not just Germans.

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2020, 01:25:21 PM »
Very nice. I was going to do something similar with partisans fighting the fascist Sola Republic forces.
Just couldn't find any good miniatures for the Sola Republic.
If you and of course also the wargamer that initiated the post with those very nicely painted minis is intersted I could post  Here  some picts of colour plates dealing with the partisan opponents , the Salo Republic forces..of course I do not want to Hi jack the post..just let me know

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2020, 01:31:41 PM »
Good to know, thanks for all that information. I have been wanting to do some late war RSI for a Italian campign. And my buddy just recently painted up a US 92nd Infantry division force for Italy. So they would make decent opponents that are not just Germans.
If you want alternative enemies in Italy that historically met in combat  US Infantry you could consider XMas Marine division at Anzio, San Marco Marines, Bersaglieri  and Monterosa Alpini in the Gothic Line and even paramilitary units and SS Italo/German  Kartsjager Div equipped with a pair of P40 Italian tanks during the very last days of the War.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 01:35:18 PM by italwars »

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2020, 02:08:38 PM »
Strategia e tattica used to do some, if I remember correctly, but 1) they were not particularly good figures, compared to today's standards and 2) I just checked their site and there is no trace of any wargaming miniatures, they seem to have moved out of our business and only deal with boardgames, accessories, etc. Too bad....

concerning the shop has moved to another address and name. They are now "Strategia Nova"
http://www.strategianova.it/soldatini-e-resine/italiani-ii-guerra-mondiale-28mm

As fir quality, I do not know since I have not seen them ...
argsilverson

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2020, 02:33:13 PM »
That's good to hear. I had visited the shop when in Rome many years ago but then I heard that they had closed down and was sorry to hear that as they had some interesting products. Mind you, visiting is almost impossible at the moment. :(

concerning the shop has moved to another address and name. They are now "Strategia Nova"

Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline ancientsociety

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2020, 03:12:40 PM »
Absolutely gorgeous and unique force. I love the guy with the Italian tricolor stahlhelm

Offline malto cortese

• Scientist
  • Ein genie uberblickt das chaos
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2020, 09:47:23 PM »

Ah ok - thanks. They do have an extensive range for the RSI, but please have a look at the site. I used to buy lots of their stuff when there was no alternative, and I by no means intend to be disrespectful of a company that's been around for a long time, but some of their pieces just look.. odd...