Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:16:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: End of an era, old blog closing - new improved site is up! 27/10/2020  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Friends, after several days of hard work I'm happy to present to you my new site. After 10 years with blogspot I have moved my online hobby operation to a proper site with built in features such as a blog, downloadable files, galleries, improved user interface and a vastly improved layout adapted for both desktop and mobile devices.

Drop by and have a look! The site will be very busy with updates in the coming days as I am moving old posts from the old blog to my new site where I'm re-editing the articles to look and read better, while also creating brand new posts and content on my new site.

This site will remain up, but as you can already see it is filled with broken links and it will not be updated. Once I have moved all posts that I deem worth salvaging to my new site I will shut this page down.

Thee new site can be found here: www.anatolisgameroom.com
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 05:50:56 PM by Anatoli »

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Re: End of an era, old blog closing - new improved site is up!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 11:17:51 AM »
It does look good to me Alexander, yet I have to get used to it. It's abit like a pair of new shoes...  ;)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 11:38:05 AM »
Thanks Michi, yes it will be a bit different, but I can promise that the content output will be of higher frequency and better quality. The tools available on the website blog section are really great from a creator perspective. I can bulk upload pictures straigt from my computer instead of adding them one by one by URL link from my host...

Really looking forward to push the limits with the new format  :)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 12:50:47 PM »
love it. Well done.

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 02:14:34 PM »
Fantastic work :)

Having sometimes been led to your old blog by quite specific google searches (most often "game xy painted..." ) and having always liked the content I congratulate you to your new web-presence. May it bring much joy to you and others!
"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 02:34:26 PM »
I have followed your old blog since the beginning.  I look forward to new content!

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 04:32:51 PM »
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement guys!
Right now I'm working on a YouTube video intro sequence to replace my old one as I plan to release both videos and texts from now on :)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 07:01:40 PM »
Finished work on my new YouTube video intro sequence to replace the old one that was lost. Let me know what you think 🙂

https://youtu.be/YItud7_Xn9Y

For those interested there is also a Patreon site that is fresh off the boat https://www.patreon.com/anatolisgameroom

I really plan to put a lot of effort into this and deliver quality content all around on both the blog/youtube/patreon having taken heavy inspiration from fellow hobbyists over the past couple of months.  :)

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 07:37:38 PM »
That video is really touching! It perfectly shows the essence of what we all are in more or less!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 09:07:27 AM »
yes, nicely done movie intro.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Deep dive in my picture archives part 1
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 04:28:11 PM »
Hi guys, I'm posting this in the General Wargames and Hobby Discussion as not to spam several different topics with the same contet - hope that's fine.

Today I was going through my picture archive as I wanted to share some of my oldest projects, and stumbled upon my folder with commission painted work. It's a vast array of commissions I had painted up at various points during the last 20 years. Not all the pictures were salvagable, and I had to restore/enhance all the pictures I used for this blog post.

I thought it would be fun and interesting to share some highlights which I have gathered in part 1 of my deep dive into the picture archives of my harddrive.

Part 1 contains, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, Malifaux and various oddball miniatures I have painted up for both customers and friends.

https://www.anatolisgameroom.com/blog/deep-dive-in-my-picture-archive-part-1

Online has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Deep dive in my picture archives part 1
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 07:18:20 PM »
Nice painting.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Deep dive in my picture archives part 1
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2020, 07:57:10 PM »
Thanks!
Too bad I did not have proper matt varnish back then.... :?

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
More pictures of various commissions I painted, some as far back as 2007! Going through these pictures was a lot of fun, seeing how much painting techniques have changed and how much I have evolved as a painter since then. It was also a bit of work to make the pictures presentable as the really old stuff was photographed using some kind of potato camera with dark grainy pictures in super low resolution....

More pictures over at my blog:
https://www.anatolisgameroom.com/blog/deep-dive-in-my-picture-archive-part-2