Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:17:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Making a start on Stargrave  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Cholly

• Scientist
  • Put the gun down.............Please?
Making a start on Stargrave
« on: April 10, 2021, 07:30:38 PM »
Hello fellow LAFers.
Quick intro, I’ve been a member here for 13 years and while I’ve had fits and starts of productivity and posted minis and bits the last time was 5 years ago! Now before Christmas I saw an article regarding Stargrave and though “ this is for me”. So when the Nickstarter began I jumped all in for the rules and 1 of each box of crew, mercenaries  and troopers. However, none of this will be arriving before early May and I wanted to start putting some figures together in preparation so, thanks to some trading on the bazaar (cheers vodkafan and Redorc), I pickd up a few Sprues, bits & bases and spent this afternoon making some crew.
Unfortunately I’m pc-less so using a phone which appears to not let me upload pics from Flickr but the links should take you to the pics if you’re interested-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/34403656@N06/albums/72157718952981350/
Frostgrave, Bolt Action, Wargames Atlantic and GW bits used plus a GW Guard dog(?) and a reaper troll gunner cos I like ‘em.
Would love to know what others have planned or have already created and all c&c on my humble attempts are welcome and encouraged.
Cholly
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 08:11:07 PM by Cholly »

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Making a start on Stargrave
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 08:55:08 PM »
That's a great start!

-Michael

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 09:04:45 PM »
Interesting start... this looks like a true alien crew.... love the one with the tail.
I should be painting right now.

Offline Seditiosus

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 09:05:24 PM »
they look great. definitively better than the kits northstar is offering. more high tech sci-fi...

I couldn't figure out, where you used bolt action.... did you mean gates of antares? what is the main body of the second figure from?

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 09:05:58 PM »
Looking pretty cool! I hope You will share the painted photos as well!

Offline Cholly

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 09:13:32 PM »
Cheers guys. Seditiosus, the second guy is wargames Atlantic Einherjar plus frostgrave demon head and tail and the 2 Hobbit chaps have a mix of German and usmc gear, gunned-up colts (usmc again) and commonwealth special forces heads. I’m looking forward to the Stargrave plastics for more bits to use and I like that retro look, sort of early 80’s b-movie sci-fi. Once painted I’ll post ‘em up here plus there’s more planned, next in line is a Gnoll with flamer  :D

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 09:16:08 PM »
Cholly they look excellent. I especially like the tail on the trooper with horns and the mini gun toting big’un. I wish I had someone to play Stargrave with but sadly I doubt it’ll get taken up by my local club (big club but sadly only the biggest, branded games played). Which one of your creations is your favourite?

BALM
Beneath A Lead Mountain - my blog of hobby procrastination and sometimes even some progress
https://beneathaleadmountain.blogspot.com/

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 09:44:36 PM »
Great stuff @Cholly  some really characterful crew members.

@BALM - they will be releasing a free PDF of the solo rules in May.

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 10:59:49 PM »
Thargor you are not helping, if you keep up this level of helpfulness my wife may come and have a word with you lol

BALM

Offline Cholly

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 11:08:13 PM »
Cheers Thargor, cheers BALM. My fav is the Hobbit with goggles but the other Hobbit May have to undergo some surgery for a new head tomorrow plus I may try and replicate the drum fed pistol to match them both up.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 12:05:22 AM »
sadly I doubt it’ll get taken up by my local club (big club but sadly only the biggest, branded games played).
I do not know where you are located but we tend to have a game exchange with a few clubs within a 30 mile radius so we can play games we want.  Generally we work out meet ups either on a club night or someone will host a block in a smaller village hall.  You don't get to play the games as often but you do get the chance to play.  My local tends to do mostly board games so I do not get to bring out the measuring tape as much as I would like. 
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com