Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:45:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689629
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tercios Miniatures ?  (Read 1250 times)

Offline The Inscrutable Dr. Huang

• Assistant
Tercios Miniatures ?
« on: October 08, 2020, 12:29:26 PM »
I'm probably late to the party but, any comments on Tercios Miniatures ? Particularly compatibility with TAG, Warlord's Wars of Religion range, and OG's Eastern Renaissance range? Also, how promptly do they fill and ship orders?
Thanks

Offline chokidar

• Assistant
Re: Tercios Miniatures ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 04:18:35 PM »
For my money - I really like the figures. I find they are neat, crisp sculpts, well detailed. I especially like the horses and as they come in two halves they have a lot of movement to them. There is a slight inconsistency within ranges - some figures are taller than others but it is scarcely noticeable and does not detract to my mind. They may be a bit taller than TAG, but also slighter so they "get on ok" together.. I have no problem mixing the Ottomans for example with TAG, Steve Barber, Perry or Caliver… There may be a few historical inconsistencies - I am not sure the Ottoman Bashi-Bazouks are from the same century as the rest (!) but lovely figures (and even that problem can be solved with head swaps or filing/cutting down the head gear.
They are not the fastest of companies to fill orders an sometimes seem to need a bit of prodding but they are a nice bunch and they get there in the end.
They get my thumbs up - possibly not for everyone, and certainly not for someone who wants 24 hour turn around - but to my mind great figures.

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 04:24:56 PM »
I'm afraid the figures I've bought have not been to my taste. I bought some Spanish via their Kickstarter and I was so disappointed with the figures that I gave mine away. My figures were in poor poses, poorly cast (with loads of flash), very fiddly (with loads of separate bits which need assembly), no bases and they took an age to arrive.

Offline Friends of General Haig

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog:
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 11:23:51 AM »
I must admit to being a bit cautious based on the 3D images.  Having seen some painted examples, and being prompted by this thread, I have ordered a few models top have a look.  They do covers some unusual figures.  The generals based on famous paintings, for example, and the non-combatants, look really nice and are very different.

I do agree with Paul that some of the musket/arquebus armed troops seem to have odd poses and the weapons themselves look a bit odd.

I will report back when my order arrives.

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 09:34:36 AM »
I'm afraid the figures I've bought have not been to my taste. I bought some Spanish via their Kickstarter and I was so disappointed with the figures that I gave mine away. My figures were in poor poses, poorly cast (with loads of flash), very fiddly (with loads of separate bits which need assembly), no bases and they took an age to arrive.

I definitely agree sir ! 

Offline Tibson

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 04:11:29 AM »
I participated in the kickstarter and was disappointed from beginning to end.  Their communication after the close was terrible.  They went dark for months on end.  Considering they're running a miniature company, I found this unacceptable.  Each time I pull out the figures, I just can't bring myself to build and prime them.  The fit on all the pieces seems indifferent, which means more cleanup than I feel like dealing with.  I'll probably get to them someday, but there is no way I'll ever back one of their kickstarter s.