Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:12:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686613
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 757
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Napoleonic for Shako II rules Updated 31/12/2022  (Read 10743 times)

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
15mm Napoleonic for Shako II rules Updated 31/12/2022
« on: October 23, 2020, 09:03:34 PM »
Started this lot Sunday. Just need to varnish two units and done. Changed them around since the weekend. 5 Battalion of Hanoverians, 4 Battalions of KGL, 2 Guard Battalions (need to sort flags out), casualties and 2 guns (KGL & Dutch/ Belgian). Also got some trees from ebay (for Peninsula). Not my best work, used a speed painting technique

Hanoverians

KGL

Guards. I have just noticed I have missed the epaulettes off the officers!

Casualties & Guns

Trees

15mm Figures for scale
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 06:00:55 PM by Phil Portway »
If it isn't enjoyable, it isn't gaming!

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
Re: 15mm British Napoleonic for Shako II rules
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 11:36:59 PM »
Excellent progress I’m envious  :) no matter how hard I stare at my WIP trees nothing changes on them!

BALM
Beneath A Lead Mountain - my blog of hobby procrastination and sometimes even some progress
https://beneathaleadmountain.blogspot.com/

Offline darthfozzywig

• Librarian
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go cyclic.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 05:49:15 AM »
Nice! I’ve got a ton of 15mm Anglo-Dutch minis that have been waiting to be painted for about 10 years, so this is inspiring me to get at them.

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 09:57:53 AM »
All for Shako II. Building 15mm French & Allied contingents at Waterloo continues. This weeks efforts so far!

Coldstream Guards

Dutch/ Belgian Cavalry, Rifles & Nassau Infantry (6 of the 8 units done that were at the battle)

1st Dutch Carabiners. Did not have enough figures, so improvised as it is believed some of the 1st were still wearing old issue bicornes

2nd Dutch Carabiners.

3rd Belgian Carabiners

Rifles

Line Infantry. Old Irregular French painted up as Nassau line

Minifig French painted up as Nassau line

French Line Lancers. All 6 regiments at the battle

1st

2nd

3rd. Have touched in the faults after picture taken.

4th

5th

6th

French Hussars. 3 of the 4 units at the battle

« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 02:22:06 PM by Phil Portway »

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
Re: 15mm Napoleonic for Shako II rules
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 06:44:23 PM »
Solid progress, well done. Looks at the two things I’ve half started but not completed.... lol

Keep it up,
BALM

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 04:20:15 PM »
Had these 15mm Brunswickers ( old minifigs maybe?) for years, so today I painted the correct facings and flags. Just need to get 12 more infantry figs & 6 hussars to finish them off. It is believed only the 3 line Battalions had colours. The Leib Battalion is just artistic license!

Ulhans

Foot & Horse Artillery

1st, 2nd & 3rd Line Battalions

Leib Battalion & 1 Light Infantry Battalion

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 11:41:22 AM »
Suffering from insomnia?  Too much excitement in your life?  Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog might be just the solution you've been looking for: www.jemimafawr.co.uk

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 10:59:00 PM »
Had a busy Napoleonic October. Painted all this lot. 4 Nassau Battalions, 3 Dutch Caribineer Regiments, 11 Hanoverian Battalions plus a foot gun, 7 KGL line and 2 Light Battalions plus 1 foot gun, 5 Brunswick Battalions (just had to paint the correct facings) plus Regiment of Uhlans plus 1 horse & 1 foot gun. 2 Skirmish bases and 2 Guard Battalions. All for Shako II. ALso put correct facing on my French Lancers (6 Regts,), French Hussars (3 Regt) and Line Chasseurs (10 Regts) .I have started some Dutch/ Belgians, had to strip the paint, prime and base atm.

Did these Since Friday

4 Battalions KGL did these Saturday/ Sunday.

4 Battalions of Hanovarians. The one in peak caps are Fantassin Prussian Landwehr. ( I have soooo many L/Wehr)

This weeks project. Dutch/ Belgians. A right old mix in here, but mostly series 1 minifigs.

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 01:45:02 PM »
This weeks output hot off the bench. A start of the Dutch/ Belgian army (still need to sort out flags), and some WIP to finish, bit of rebasing and "evamping". 15mm Minifigs mostly, with odds from other manufacturers. I have revamped some odd French figures, as I feel this army will not used that often, so I will pack out the ranks with odds. All done for Shako II.

Prince of Orange Command base, 2 Divisional Commanders, 2 Battalions of Flanquers, 5 Dutch and 2 Belgian Battalions.

Orange ( Where's Sharpe?)

Flanquers

Dutch Line Battalions.

A spare Sappeur I finished for my French Army. You need about 6 for Waterloo Scenario!

Rebased this lot. Also need to paint and repainted a couple of these.

An ebay purchase need rebasing, couple to paint to make full units and Matt varnish.

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 10:02:55 PM »
Here are the 12 cuirassier Regiments and the 2 Dragoon Regiments for Waterloo. Today I painted all the correct facings and eventually got round to putting some varnish on them. There is an extra Regt of Cuirrass (13th) and 2 extra Dragoon Regt in pics that were not at the battle. 15mm various manufacturers including Minifigs, Essex (I think). All done for Shako II. These are sitting on Napoleon's Cavalry Hardback from Osprey (Smug alert £2.50 about 10 years ago in an oldy worldy bookshop)

Offline vtsaogames

• Mastermind
    • Corlears Hook Fencibles
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 01:04:09 AM »
Wow! Amazing! You are prolific!
And the glorious general led the advance
With a glorious swish of his sword and his lance
And a glorious clank of his tin-plated pants. - Dr. Seuss

My blog: http://corlearshookfencibles.blogspot.com/

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2020, 12:12:43 AM »
To finish the weekend with some finished KGL, couple of officers and ADCs, and some WIP drop on latex terrain pieces from Timecast, and they are a bugger to find on their site.

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2020, 07:17:52 PM »
Finished a few more 15mm Napoleonics today. Various makes. Some Russian Uhlans, Blucher command base, Some French, British and Dutch Militia, and some Divisional Officers. All done for Shako II Rules.

Divisional Officers, Lithuanian & Tartar Uhlans

Blucher Command Base. The chap on the left of Blucher as you look at picture is a spare Fantassin Spanish General, now a Dragoon General

2 French Line Battalions, or 1 if I double up units! and Divisional Officers at the back

I had some Minifigs rifles left over, so they are now Belgian Militia, A Battalion of British Guards, and a Divisional Hanovarian Officer (a Fantassin Prussian)

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2020, 04:25:43 PM »
Earlier this year this drawer was full of unpainted 15mm Napoleonic figures. Bit of a cheat as I have just taken out all the Cavalry........To paint as a lock down challenge until January 30th 2021. To attempt to paint 200 mounted figures and about 60 foot figures. You could call it the battle of the five nations as I am attempting Prussian, Russian, Austrian, French and........Spanish🤣 Incidentally there are still about 500 - 600 figures left in the draw, believe it or not.

Ready for priming.

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2020, 08:51:09 PM »
The start of my Club's Lockdown Challenge
Slow start, as I have also nearly finished 70 15mm horses. These are 15mm Fantassin and OG (I think). 15 Foot Russian casualties & 10 Mounted officers. Also rebased 12 Russian Dragoons, but they were not painted by me (Ebay purchase)