Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:16:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pictures from my trip to Westerplatte  (Read 773 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Pictures from my trip to Westerplatte
« on: October 23, 2020, 03:28:44 PM »
While working on new content for my blog I am constantly transferring and updating stuff from my old blog as well (at least the stuff that I deem worth saving).

Today I published a re-edited entry about my visit to Westerplatte in Gdansk 2016. The post combines a summary of the historical significance within the context of WW2 of the site - and my pictures from the ruins of the peninsula.

As always with old stuff being reposted, I took the time to work on the text and pictures for the new publishing over at my new site:

https://www.anatolisgameroom.com/blog/my-pictures-from-visit-to-westerplatte-and-the-history-of-the-site

The battle of Westerplatte was also included in the campaign book I wrote for the invasion of Poland 1939, which you can download for free over at my blog here: https://www.anatolisgameroom.com/downloads

The campaign book was written with Flames of War in mind, but the historical descriptions, orders of battle and objectives of each battle can be translated without problem to your preffered set of WW2 rules.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Re: Pictures from my trip to Westerplatte
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 06:23:45 AM »
Some great pictures on your blog. Probably a phase of the war that doesn't get much attention from war gamers.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Pictures from my trip to Westerplatte
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 11:05:13 PM »
True. Many years ago we played some of the battles from my campaign book at my local club. Too Fat Lardies also used some of it for their Chain of Command Early War lists that I helped them with.

But yeah, it's such a "niche" part of the war that collecting early war Poles give you an army that is not playable for the rest of the war whereas German miniatures can beused for the entire war if you don't  play with "button counters" in your group. This limitation is off putting for many gamers...