Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:45:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690583
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Zona Britaniya - Trotter Watch  (Read 5501 times)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: Zona Britaniya - Update 22.11.2020 Trotter Watch Chapter 4: Chain Gang
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 09:48:48 AM »
Always fun reading these battle reports, thanks for sharing!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 10:51:46 AM »
Indeed, Trigger having to put a seventh stock on his rifle, priceless lol lol lol lol lol

Keep up the good work

Glen

"Watch-out, watch-out, there`s a Trotter about!"
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2020, 12:23:46 PM »
Indeed, Trigger having to put a seventh stock on his rifle, priceless lol lol lol lol lol

Keep up the good work

Glen

"Watch-out, watch-out, there`s a Trotter about!"

lol lol lol

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2020, 08:08:14 AM »
Chapter 5 – To Hull and Back

Marek asks for the whole team to come see him at the House of Fun and tells them of a job in one of the worst parts of the zone – Hull.

He has received word that 3 supply caches are located on the outskirts of the old town and he wants Trotter Watch to go get them; he’ll take his usual cut and, if successful, the remainder will be easily enough to get Marlene and Denzil hired and fully kitted out.

If the mission fails then Marek will need to take a 40% cut rather than the customary 10% to sweeten his backers – harsh but fair.

It’s not going to be easy though, the Threat Level is 3 (Extreme) so any hostiles who come calling will be tough and highly mobile.

The team are to drive over the Pennines, establish an extraction point and head into the zone on foot.

They have 80 minutes (8 turns) to complete the search and there are 8 points of interest (POI) identified.

Total success will be collecting all 3 caches; irrespective of that the team must be back at the extraction point before time runs out or have the whole field cleared of hostiles.

PC050072 by markndebs, on Flickr

PC050073 by markndebs, on Flickr

Turn One – Rodney uses a Special Action – Inspect and Bolt toss towards a large pile of goods; his roll is great and he reveals an Alpha Mutant den with all salvage intact but no Alpha in residence.

The next bolt toss isn’t so great and the crew are confronted with something they’ve never seen before – large jellyfish-like creatures seemingly defying gravity.

PC050075 by markndebs, on Flickr

Trigger shoots at the nearest causing it a wound but not killing it, Boycie opens up and kills one while Del wounds a third.

Cassie and Raquel are keen to not let the boys get too cocky and casually kill one Jelly each.

The remaining Jellies advance at speed and leave Rodney wounded and out of action with Delboy suffering one wound – however he manages to take out the wounded Jelly even as it’s tentacles wound him.

Turn Two - Cassie and Trigger get the remaining two Jellies, Raquel moves to Rodney and applies a Med Kit and he shakes his pins before moving forward.

Del uses his own Med Kit and shrugs off his 2 pins to end his turn.

Remaining crew move into position towards the next POI.

Turn Three – Delboy tosses a bolt towards a likely looking container and spooks an enormous Alpha Mutant guarding an anomaly.

The beast rushes towards Delboy, Trigger and Boycie shoot and hit the mutant twice, slowing but not stopping it. On engaging Del it inflicts a single wound who, in turn, wounds the Alpha for the final time; it falls to the ground and heaves it’s last breaths.
PC050077 by markndebs, on Flickr

As Cassie and Raquel move West to the next POI, Rodney heads to a promising looking stash of goods – using Scrounger he searches it twice and finds 4250 of salvage, a scope and kevlar plates.

Turn Four – Most of the team stand alert as Cassie stirs up another couple of lesser mutants near a target supply cache who are quickly despatched by Delboy and Boycie. Half the mission time has expired and the team have only found a single supply cache – time is running out.

PC050078 by markndebs, on Flickr

Turn Five – As Rodney moves to collect the salvage from this find, the others disturb a bunch of clickers hiding in a container; they rush Del who kills all three with a well thrown Molotov Cocktail.

PC050079 by markndebs, on Flickr

PC050080 by markndebs, on Flickr

Turn Six – Rodney reaches the target salvage and collects 1500 value equipment, the rest of the team go on alert as Boycie tosses a bolt – Booby Trap. No-one was hurt but lots of time wasted.

Turn Seven – With only 20 minutes (2 turns) remaining it becomes obvious that the 2 target salvage caches are located at the 2 remaining points of interest, both of which are too distant to reach and search. Bugger – mission failed.

Rodney moves to the anomaly revealed earlier as the others head to the van, he passes the will roll and gets a small artifact. Using Scrounger he rolls again and strikes gold, large artifact and +1 to movement.

PC050081 by markndebs, on Flickr

Turn Eight – All crew get to van and begin the long journey home.

PC050083 by markndebs, on Flickr

Typical - 2 of the 3 required Points of Interest were the last 2 in the card deck so no time to get them.

Mission failed, Marek will need to take 40% of salvage value to cover his costs, but fortunately this mission has revealed plenty of goodies.

12,250 value of salvage nets 7350 quid; added to savings that’s 9165 in the kitty, that drops to 8190 once Med Kits and Grenades have been replenished.

When Marlene and Denzil arrive it costs another 4200 to recruit them and 2400 to equip.

So a full crew but only 1590 quid in the kitty.

Time for a little R and R before picking up some more jobs from Marek.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 08:11:32 AM by Spinal Tap »

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Great report, despite the mission failure. Reading your reports is a lot of fun, so thanks for putting in the work to share them.

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
I really enjoy reading your reports and I have bought the rules and started on some terrain pieces.
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=128510.msg1625702#msg1625702

I am working on two settings for the UK (one a Chernobyl style accident and one involving an asteroid collision) though not in winter so I can utilise my existing (Dedburgh and fantasy) figures on green bases!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:36:20 AM by dadlamassu »
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
Great report, despite the mission failure. Reading your reports is a lot of fun, so thanks for putting in the work to share them.

Glad you like it. Must admit I do enjoy the bit of work to summarise the game.

I really enjoy reading your reports and I have bought the rules and started on some terrain pieces.
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=128510.msg1625702#msg1625702

I am working on two settings for the UK (one a Chernobyl style accident and one involving an asteroid collision) though not in winter so I can utilise my existing (Dedburgh and fantasy) figures on green bases!

Thank you. Love the idea of a post asteroid strike world.

Cars/car based terrain are something I need to address in all my games - will be watching your thread with interest.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Another nice Bat Rep.  And reminder to get one of those cargo ships.
So thanks for that.  ;)

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
Another nice Bat Rep.  And reminder to get one of those cargo ships.
So thanks for that.  ;)

The ship is great. For this session I left out one level of the superstructure and one section of the hull.
Very flexible.

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
Great work on creating the setting, both the concept and the execution of the terrain. Nice scenarios and reports too.

Seeing what you've done wit the ship, I might have to get something like that myself for a post-apocalyptic setting I have in mind.
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline The Rock

• Librarian
nice report

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
What a great game, I am going to have to follow these games as you put them out!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
Thank you for the comments.

As the dates will attest I've not played Zona Britaniya since last year, and only commented a few days ago on the 'Mertvyy District Run' thread by Dentatus that I needed to get the team out of retirement to play through Kontraband.

I've 2 solo campaigns going in fantasy and sci fi at the moment but there will definitely be more action from Trotter Watch in the near future.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
Just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts to post all this up for our enjoyment. Last night I read through everything from the very beginning. Lot of clever ideas there and you did an awesome job bringing it all together. Have a ton of Dark Future stuff that I never really did anything with and this really has me thinking of maybe a PA American version of this nature, so thanks for that too. Looking forward to the continuation of your adventures and again thanks for sharing.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline James Mahdeep Bond V

• Bookworm
You pinned the needle on creepy images. Not in a bad way. You got the stuff of nightmares out there on the ice. Congratulations. That is some nasty stuff. I'd be packing some extra magazines, and cutting some deep X's onto the heads of my rounds if I knew that stuff was coming our way.  Grenades, flamers, and track shoes too.