Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2020, 11:58:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hasslefree Miniatures delay  (Read 693 times)

Offline Karadek

• Scientist
    • Xenia Gamers Club
Hasslefree Miniatures delay
« on: October 30, 2020, 03:27:26 PM »
I know, I know. The topic has been done to death.

Seriously though, has anyone else in the States experienced some major delays in shipping from them? I know when I order that it'll take a few months, but this last one is a doozy. I bought about 60 USD worth of stuff in the first week of April, and haven't seen hide nor hair of it. No shipping notification, and no response to my three emails. I was definitely charged for it.

Anyone else having similar issues with them?

Offline pixelgeek

• Mastermind
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: Hasslefree Miniatures delay
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 06:04:46 PM »
I know, I know. The topic has been done to death.

Seems like you were forewarned then?

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 09:03:46 PM »
Not sure it's much help, but the latest newsletter on their website may give you some things to try. I haven't ordered from them in a while, so not sure if the extreme delay in your order is common.

Good luck  :)

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 11:54:28 PM »
I've been very tempted by Hasslefree in the past. But the figures don't quite fit into my usual focus of the 50 years or so from about 1895 to 1945 (for colonial and Pulp). Eventually I might buy a few of the Viking types, but will wait until the business is rolling out orders.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 11:57:30 PM »
Earlier this year my brother ordered from them, emailed all the various emails they have and had no response, he contacted them on fb and again no response, eventually he put in a Paypal claim and got a full refund. At no point did he get a reply nor did PayPal when the claim went in.

It seems like extreme delays and empty apologies are very common.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 02:08:43 AM »
I love their sculpts but their service can be rather slow.  They do seem to have a lot of health issues which can really derail a small company.  My last order was 2+ months (November to January). They don't tell you when you order something out of stock that they are waiting to be cast - you just wait. Even given Covid impact on delays yours seems a bit too long.  Good luck
2020: A:38 P:161; 2019:-471 2018: -47; 2017: -100; 2016:+1;

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 02:44:12 AM »
From things I have seen posted lately they do not seem to be a company you should be dealing with right now.
Hope you will get your stuff I know how frustrating that can be.

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 07:40:49 AM »
Last I've heard the recent orders seem to be fine, but some of those placed at the start of this year were still not fulfilled.
They are not sending regular mail until the 9th of November due to covid restrictions (Wales isn't great at the moment...), but they are apparently sending some long-delayed orders out right now anyway.

From their newsletter:
However, there are also some outstanding issues awaiting either the supply chain to catch up or another fix of some kind. I will be contacting you within the next 24hrs about these.

If you do not get that contact from me, please email me on the below address. Mark it 'Urgent', as we consider any outstanding issues at this point of highest priority.

In fact, If you have any issues, no matter how old or how small, please email me on [email protected]

~Ad finem temporum~

Offline Atheling

• Galactic Brain
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 02:35:46 PM »
I'm really not trying to be facetious but has anyone picked up on the "Hasslefree" thing yet?  ;) :)

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2020, 02:41:44 PM »
I'm really not trying to be facetious but has anyone picked up on the "Hasslefree" thing yet?  ;) :)

Of course but we were being ironic not mentioning it  ;) :D
Knowing my luck, I would throw the pin and still be holding the grenade - gulp!

Offline Atheling

• Galactic Brain
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 04:00:01 PM »
Of course but we were being ironic not mentioning it  ;) :D

I'll get me coat....  lol

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2020, 04:19:53 PM »
I'll get me coat....  lol

lol no need you are amongst friends here :D

Offline Karadek

• Scientist
    • Xenia Gamers Club
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2020, 06:17:12 PM »
Some mixed news on this front. I looked them up on Facebook, sent a message, and got one back requesting me to forward an email to them. Nothing since then, so who knows?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2020, 07:03:33 PM »
Some mixed news on this front. I looked them up on Facebook, sent a message, and got one back requesting me to forward an email to them. Nothing since then, so who knows?

lol

So you contact them on Facebook about not getting any reply to emails and....... they tell you to send an email.......

??? ??? ???

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2020, 08:03:59 PM »
Personally I never had any issue with orders. Even whilst others were complaining about months long delays, my orders arrived almost immediately.

I can only guess that it is a bit of a matter of chance when an order arrives. This really is a pity, as their product is absolutely EXCELLENT and they seem very nice people. I sincerely do wish them luck and hope that everything will get in order.

If I were them I probably would have tried to outsource much of the business and logistics  stuff and focus on getting great products done (much like the Copplestone and Northstar model) but I don't know whether such an approach is economically viable or attractive to them.

Anyway, excuse the ramble. I hope you get your order soon!
"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."