Forum > The Great War

Painting Late War German uniforms by Aircav

(1/5) > >>

aircav:
Hi Helen

Here's The Guide i did over on the Scarab Site:

Here's my German painting guide

Uniform:Vallejo Olive grey Basecoat, Field grey Highlight followed by Fld Grey/Green Grey Mix.
Collar: Coat d'arms black green then highlighted with Coat d'arms grey green

Grey trouser recipe is Lifecolor Dunklegrau - vallejo basalt grey - Foundry Arctic Grey Shade 33A (I think)
Red stripe: GW Scab Red Highlighted with Red Gore

Assault packs: Citadel Charandon granite basecoat with Vallejo Basalt grey added for highlights.

Mess tin/Gas mask tin: Coat d'arms dark grey base, Coat d'arms tank blue grey final highlight of field blue.

Bread bag gas mask strap Coat d'arms blue grey highlighted with Coat d'arms field blue.

Gas mask: Vallejo Chared Brown/black mix highlight with pure Charred brown.

Wood is the classic citadel of bestial brown, snakebite leather then Bubonic Brown.

Helmet cam:
Citadel Dark angels Green Highlight by adding Vallejo Gunship green
Vallejio Hull red highlighted with dark fleshtone
Snakebite leather highlighted with Valejio green ochre.

Puttees: Vallejo Basalt grey basecoat highlighted by adding white washed with Citadel Badab black wash.

Keith   o_o

Hope This is ok

Helen:
Thanks Keith very much for your time in replying an assisting folks who are super keen to paint Germans.

Helen

aircav:
You thought you could confuse me by moving it didn't you  lol 
Well you succeded  lol

Would you like the BEF one as well?

Keith  o_o

Helen:

--- Quote from: aircav on August 19, 2009, 02:24:11 PM ---You thought you could confuse me by moving it didn't you  lol 
Well you succeded  lol

Would you like the BEF one as well?

Keith  o_o

--- End quote ---

Yes please Keith.

Please start it as a separate topic, many thanks for your assistance.

Helen

Siaba:
Delete this message or move it to the right place if this isn't the good one, but I habe been told by several WW1 militaria collectors that german army helmets wore no camo. In fact, it seems that the camo we generally associate with stormtroopers was done by.....artillerymen who had the paint to put on their helmets (as it was the same paint used for their guns) and the free time to paint them.
Stormtroopers and ordinary infantrymen used, in fact, mud to camo their helmets. I must admit that I have read several books about WW1 and untils now I have never seen photographs of soldiers wearing the kind of camouflaged helmets we represent so often on their lead counterparts.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version