Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:21:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Some .45A questions  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Some .45A questions
« on: March 24, 2007, 02:18:22 PM »
I suppose Rich is the guy to ask these Q's, but I thought it worth to post it here:

In 'The Gargoyle:DSotJH' (henceforth 'G') i stumbled on this in the Skills section:

Feint[Pugilist] is listed as available to 'Allied Soldier'. There's no such thing in AWS - should it have been 'Veteran Soldier'?

Flying Kick[Martial Arts] is available to Axis Officer - but in AWS AO is not permitted to take MA. Does this mean, that AO should also be permitted to take MA? Or is it an error?

There's some other similar discrepancies about the other Combat Skills, but most of those Q's can be answered with the answers to the above.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Re: Some .45A questions
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 08:13:11 PM »
Quote from: "Argonor"
I suppose Rich is the guy to ask these Q's, but I thought it worth to post it here:

In 'The Gargoyle:DSotJH' (henceforth 'G') i stumbled on this in the Skills section:

1.) Feint[Pugilist] is listed as available to 'Allied Soldier'. There's no such thing in AWS - should it have been 'Veteran Soldier'?

2.) Flying Kick[Martial Arts] is available to Axis Officer - but in AWS AO is not permitted to take MA. Does this mean, that AO should also be permitted to take MA? Or is it an error?

There's some other similar discrepancies about the other Combat Skills, but most of those Q's can be answered with the answers to the above.

1.) Yes. Veteran soldier. Using an Old cheat sheet which still listed Axis and Aliied soldiers differently.

2.) Axis Officer should have Martial Arts. No excuse for me missing that for so long.

Now, with all the playtesters and editors, why was it missed? Blame rests squarely on my shoulders as I changed and added some things at the last minute.

I promised Pat, our editor, I wouldn't do that to him for the next book.  :mrgreen:
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Some .45A questions
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 09:22:13 PM »
So I take it, that whenever an archetype is listed as being able to take a sub-skill, it should also be able to take the main skill?

Allied officer should haved the option Pugilist
Allied Super Soldier should have the option Pugilist
Axis Officer should have Pugilist (as well as Martial Arts)